Olga C Damman
Affiliation: Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research
Country: The Netherlands
- Towards more patient centred healthcare: A new Consumer Quality Index instrument to assess patients' experiences with breast careOlga C Damman
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Department of Demand Driven Healthcare, P O Box 1568, Utrecht 3500 BN, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 45:1569-77. 2009..To develop a Consumer Quality Index (CQ-index) Breast Care instrument that measures quality of care from the perspective of patients with (suspicion of) breast cancer...
- Using multilevel modeling to assess case-mix adjusters in consumer experience surveys in health careOlga C Damman
Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Med Care 47:496-503. 2009..The purpose of this article is to investigate whether multilevel regression analysis is a useful tool to detect case-mix adjusters in consumer assessment of healthcare...
- How do healthcare consumers process and evaluate comparative healthcare information? A qualitative study using cognitive interviewsOlga C Damman
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, PO Box 1568, 3500 BN, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 9:423. 2009..To date, online public healthcare reports have not been effectively used by consumers. Therefore, we qualitatively examined how healthcare consumers process and evaluate comparative healthcare information on the Internet...
- An international comparison of web-based reporting about health care quality: content analysisOlga C Damman
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Med Internet Res 12:e8. 2010..This move toward provision of more comparative information has resulted in different information types being published that often contain contradictory information...
- Creating compact comparative health care information: what are the key quality attributes to present for cataract and total hip or knee replacement surgery?Olga C Damman
Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Research Program Patient Perspective and Demand Driven Health Care, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Med Decis Making 32:287-300. 2012..To focus on the most essential attributes, insight is needed into which attributes are actually considered by consumers...
- Consumers' interpretation and use of comparative information on the quality of health care: the effect of presentation approachesOlga C Damman
Department of Patient Centered Care, NIVEL, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Health Expect 15:197-211. 2012..Public reports about health-care quality have not been effectively used by consumers thus far. A possible explanation is inadequate presentation of the information...
- Differences between family practices in the associations of patient characteristics with health care experiencesOlga C Damman
NIVEL, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Med Care Res Rev 68:725-39. 2011..These findings correspond to previous U.S. findings, suggesting that the case-mix variations reported here and previously constitute a rather robust phenomenon...
- Understanding and using comparative healthcare information; the effect of the amount of information and consumer characteristics and skillsNicolien C Zwijnenberg
NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, PO Box 1568, Utrecht 3500 BN, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:101. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine how the amount of presented information influences the comprehension and use of comparative healthcare information when important consumer characteristics and skills are taken into account...
- Different patient subgroup, different ranking? Which quality indicators do patients find important when choosing a hospital for hip- or knee arthroplasty?Nicolien C Zwijnenberg
NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, P, O, Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 11:299. 2011..The aim of this study was to explore which quality indicators different subgroups of patients find important when choosing a hospital for total hip arthroplasty (THA) or total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...