Maaike G van Veen
Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- HIV and sexual risk behavior among commercial sex workers in the NetherlandsMaaike G van Veen
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, PO Box 1, 3720BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Arch Sex Behav 39:714-23. 2010..Targeted health promotion activities are indicated for transgender sex workers and drug-using female CSW; active HIV testing must be continued...
- Disassortative sexual mixing among migrant populations in The Netherlands: a potential for HIV/STI transmission?M G van Veen
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
AIDS Care 21:683-91. 2009..Although the observed HIV prevalence in migrants (0.6%) is probably too low to lead to much HIV transmission between ethnicity groups, targeted prevention measures are needed to prevent transmission of other STI...
- STD coinfections in The Netherlands: Specific sexual networks at highest riskMaaike G van Veen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Department Epidemiology and Surveillance, Centre for Infectious Disease Control, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 37:416-22. 2010..To identify these subpopulations we determined the extent of concurrent incident STD infections and their risk factors among the high-risk population seen at Dutch STD clinics...
- Concurrent partnerships and sexual risk taking among African and Caribbean migrant populations in the NetherlandsM G van Veen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, Netherlands
Int J STD AIDS 22:245-50. 2011..Prevention targeting migrants should address the promotion of HIV/STI testing and stress the potential acceleration of HIV and STI epidemics due to concurrency...
- Seroprevalence of HIV, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c among opioid drug users on methadone treatment in the netherlandsImke Schreuder
Department of Virology, Erasmus MC, Dr, Molewaterplein 50, Rotterdam 3000 CA the Netherlands
Harm Reduct J 7:25. 2010....
- Sexually transmitted infections screening at HIV treatment centers for MSM can be cost-effectiveHenrike J Vriend
aCentre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven bDepartment of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam cDepartment of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam dSTI Outpatient Clinic, Public Health Service of Amsterdam, Amsterdam eResearch Department, Cluster for Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service of Amsterdam, Amsterdam fInternal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam gUnit of PharmacoEpidemiology and PharmacoEconomics, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen hJulius Center, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
AIDS 27:2281-90. 2013..To estimate the cost-effectiveness of anorectal chlamydia screening among men who have sex with men (MSM) in care at HIV treatment centers...
- National estimate of HIV prevalence in the Netherlands: comparison and applicability of different estimation toolsMaaike G van Veen
Centre for Infectious Diseases Control, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
AIDS 25:229-37. 2011..to determine limitations and strengths of three methodologies developed to estimate HIV prevalence and the number of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA)...