Maaike G van Veen
Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- HIV and sexual risk behavior among commercial sex workers in the NetherlandsMaaike G van Veen
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, PO Box 1, 3720BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Arch Sex Behav 39:714-23. 2010..Targeted health promotion activities are indicated for transgender sex workers and drug-using female CSW; active HIV testing must be continued...
- Disassortative sexual mixing among migrant populations in The Netherlands: a potential for HIV/STI transmission?M G van Veen
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
AIDS Care 21:683-91. 2009..Although the observed HIV prevalence in migrants (0.6%) is probably too low to lead to much HIV transmission between ethnicity groups, targeted prevention measures are needed to prevent transmission of other STI...
- STD coinfections in The Netherlands: Specific sexual networks at highest riskMaaike G van Veen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Department Epidemiology and Surveillance, Centre for Infectious Disease Control, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 37:416-22. 2010..To identify these subpopulations we determined the extent of concurrent incident STD infections and their risk factors among the high-risk population seen at Dutch STD clinics...
- Concurrent partnerships and sexual risk taking among African and Caribbean migrant populations in the NetherlandsM G van Veen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, Netherlands
Int J STD AIDS 22:245-50. 2011..Prevention targeting migrants should address the promotion of HIV/STI testing and stress the potential acceleration of HIV and STI epidemics due to concurrency...
- Seroprevalence of HIV, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c among opioid drug users on methadone treatment in the netherlandsImke Schreuder
Department of Virology, Erasmus MC, Dr, Molewaterplein 50, Rotterdam 3000 CA the Netherlands
Harm Reduct J 7:25. 2010....
- National estimate of HIV prevalence in the Netherlands: comparison and applicability of different estimation toolsMaaike G van Veen
Centre for Infectious Diseases Control, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
AIDS 25:229-37. 2011..to determine limitations and strengths of three methodologies developed to estimate HIV prevalence and the number of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA)...