Hans P van Egmond
Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- Worldwide regulations for mycotoxinsHans P van Egmond
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Laboratory for Residue Analysis, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Adv Exp Med Biol 504:257-69. 2002....
- Analysis of duplicate 24-hour diet samples for aflatoxin B1, aflatoxin M1 and ochratoxin AEric A Sizoo
Laboratory for Food and Residue Analyses, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Food Addit Contam 22:163-72. 2005..This is well below the tolerable daily intake established by JECFA at 14 ng/kg body weight per day. The current dietary intake of ochratoxin A in the Netherlands is concluded to pose no appreciable health risk...
- Regulations relating to mycotoxins in food: perspectives in a global and European contextHans P van Egmond
Laboratory for Food and Residue Analysis, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, P O Box 1, 3720 BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:147-57. 2007..Large pan-European research and networking projects as "BioCop" and "MoniQA" are also important...
- Natural toxins: risks, regulations and the analytical situation in EuropeHans P van Egmond
Laboratory for Food and Residue Analyses, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, P O Box 1, 3720 BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Anal Bioanal Chem 378:1152-60. 2004..Yet, their occurrence in a wide range of consumable plant species demands the attention of the analytical community...
- Proficiency studies on the determination of paralytic shellfish poisoning toxins in shellfishH P Van Egmond
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Laboratory for Food and Residue Analyses, Dutch National Reference Laboratory for Marine Biotoxins, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Food Addit Contam 21:331-40. 2004..The joint efforts showed that variability in analysis results between laboratories that all apply more or less the same method can be drastically improved if the methodology is rigorously standardized...
- Potato glycoalkaloids and adverse effects in humans: an ascending dose studyTjeert T Mensinga
National Poisons Control Centre, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, The Netherlands
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 41:66-72. 2005..Most relevant, the clearance of glycoalkaloids usually takes more than 24 h, which implicates that the toxicants may accumulate in case of daily consumption...
- Report from SCOOP task 3.2.10 "collection of occurrence data of Fusarium toxins in food and assessment of dietary intake by the population of EU member states". Subtask: trichothecenesRonald C Schothorst
Laboratory for Food and Residue Analyses ARO, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Toxicol Lett 153:133-43. 2004..For NIV, the (mean and high level) intakes are far below the TDI. The summarised T-2 and HT-2 toxin intakes are in most cases (for the mean as well as the high level intake) above the t-TDI...
- Toxins of cyanobacteriaMarian E van Apeldoorn
Centre for Substances and Integrated Risk Assessment, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Mol Nutr Food Res 51:7-60. 2007..Official regulations for other cyanotoxins have not been established, although some (provisional) guideline values have been derived for microcystins in drinking water by WHO and several countries...
- Determination of molar absorptivity coefficients for major type-B trichothecenes and certification of calibrators for deoxynivalenol and nivalenolRudolf Krska
Centre for Analytical Chemistry, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Department for Agrobiotechnology IFA Tulln, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 20, Tulln, Austria
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:1215-26. 2007..1 +/- 1.2 microg g(-1) and 24.0 +/- 1.1 microg g(-1), respectively. Both CRMs became commercially available from the Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM, Geel, Belgium) at the beginning of 2007...
- Three Rs Approaches in Marine Biotoxin Testing. The Report and Recommendations of a joint ECVAM/DG SANCO Workshop (ECVAM Workshop 54)Philipp Hess
Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Co Galway, Ireland
Altern Lab Anim 34:193-224. 2006
- Feasibility study for the production of certified calibrants for the determination of deoxynivalenol and other B-trichothecenes: intercomparison studyRudolf Krska
University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Center for Analytical Chemistry, Department for Agrobiotechnology, IFA Tulln, Vienna, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 20, A 3430 Tulln, Austria
J AOAC Int 89:1573-80. 2006..Obviously, this intercomparison study was not suited for the certification of B-trichothecenes. A certification of the proposed calibrant material was therefore recommended on the basis of its gravimetrical preparation...