J Gerard Loeber
Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- Neonatal screening in Europe; the situation in 2004J Gerard Loeber
International Society for Neonatal Screening, National Institute for Public Health, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Inherit Metab Dis 30:430-8. 2007..The huge difference of recall rates illustrate one obvious and important area for improvement of programme performances that could be aided by strengthened European cooperation...
- Quality evaluation of newborn screening programsG Loeber
National Institute of Public Health, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr Suppl 88:3-6. 1999..There appears to be no relationship between screening procedures and the degree of legislation or the system of funding. In presenting the more detailed results we hope to be of service to program organizers...
- Legal issues in neonatal screeningJ Gerard Loeber
International Society for Neonatal Screening, PO Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Ann Acad Med Singapore 37:92-2. 2008..It diminishes the chances for errors and it helps to avoid legal issues...
- Newborn screening programmes in Europe; arguments and efforts regarding harmonization. Part 1. From blood spot to screening resultJ Gerard Loeber
National Institute for Public Health RIVM, P O Box 1, 3720BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Inherit Metab Dis 35:603-11. 2012..g. in parallel to the way the USA has harmonized its practices based on recommendations by the American College of Medical Genetics (Watson et al., Pediatrics 117: S296-S307, 2006)...
- Implementing neonatal screening for haemoglobinopathies in the NetherlandsMarelle J Bouva
Neonatal Screening Researcher, Screening Laboratory, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Perinatal Screening, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Med Screen 17:58-65. 2010..We here evaluated three high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) systems for application in neonatal screening for haemoglobinopathies, and present the results of a subsequent pilot screening programme...
- Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the use of the thyroxine/thyroxine-binding globulin ratio to detect congenital hypothyroidism of thyroidal and central origin in a neonatal screening programCaren I Lanting
Department of Social Pediatrics and Child and Youth Health Care, Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research Prevention and Health, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, Netherlands
Pediatrics 116:168-73. 2005..Since the introduction of screening for congenital hypothyroidism (CH) in 1974, the optimal laboratory strategy has been the subject of debate...