Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- [59 important health problems; a selection of diseases for public health monitoring]Nancy Hoeymans
Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, Centrum Gezondheid and Maatschappij, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5994. 2013..The selection is still based on mortality and morbidity, but also on costs and participation in society, two subjects that are high on the public agenda. ..
- The influence of population characteristics on variation in general practice based morbidity estimationsC van den Dungen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, PO Box 1, 3720 BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:887. 2011....
- Non-response bias in a study of cardiovascular diseases, functional status and self-rated health among elderly menN Hoeymans
Department of Chronic Diseases and Environmental Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Age Ageing 27:35-40. 1998....
- The health status of the Dutch population as assessed by the EQ-6DN Hoeymans
Department of Public Health Status and Forecasts, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 14:655-63. 2005..We conclude that the EQ-6D is an efficient tool for establishing the health status in the community, so that different population subgroups can be compared...
- Measuring mental health of the Dutch population: a comparison of the GHQ-12 and the MHI-5Nancy Hoeymans
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, P, O, Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:23. 2004..Therefore, we studied the relationship of the GHQ-12 and MHI-5 with sociodemographic characteristics, self-reported visits to general practice and mental health care, and with diagnoses made by the general practitioner...
- The contribution of chronic conditions and disabilities to poor self-rated health in elderly menN Hoeymans
Department of Chronic Disease and Environmental Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 54:M501-6. 1999..population: (a) What is the impact of seven somatic chronic conditions on self-rated health, independent of disabilities? and (b) To what extent can poor self-rated health be attributed to the selected chronic conditions and disabilities?..
- Multimorbidity and comorbidity in the Dutch population - data from general practicesSandra H van Oostrom
Centre for Prevention and Health Services Research, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven 3720 BA, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 12:715. 2012..The objective of this study was to present an overview of the prevalence of multimorbidity and comorbidity of chronic diseases in the Dutch population and to explore disease clustering and common comorbidities...
- The disabling effect of diseases: a study on trends in diseases, activity limitations, and their interrelationshipsNancy Hoeymans
Center for Public Health Forecasting, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Am J Public Health 102:163-70. 2012..We studied the association between chronic diseases and activity limitations in the Netherlands from 1990 to 2008...
- Trends in activity limitations: the Dutch older population between 1990 and 2007Coen H van Gool
Center for Public Health Forecasting, National Institute for Public Health and Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Int J Epidemiol 40:1056-67. 2011..The objective of this study was to give best estimates of the trend in the prevalence of activity limitations among the non-institutionalized population aged 55-84 years over the period 1990-2007 in The Netherlands...
- What factors explain the differences in morbidity estimations among general practice registration networks in the Netherlands? A first analysisCatharina van den Dungen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Gen Pract 14:53-62. 2008..However, there are some unexplained differences among morbidity estimations calculated from the data of various general practice registration networks (GPRNs)...
- [Multimorbidity and comorbidity in the Dutch population--data from general practices]Sandra H van Oostrom
Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, Centrum voor Preventie en Zorg Onderzoek, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A3193. 2011..To present an overview of the prevalence of multimorbidity and comorbidity of chronic diseases in the Dutch population...
- Mental health in the Dutch population and in general practice: 1987-2001Peter F M Verhaak
Netherlands Institute of Health Services Research NIVEL, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Br J Gen Pract 55:770-5. 2005..Specialised health care in the Netherlands is accessible only through referral by a GP, and so it is important to consider the role of primary care in the diagnosis of mental health problems...
- The use of models in the estimation of disease epidemiologyMichelle E Kruijshaar
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Bull World Health Organ 80:622-8. 2002..To explore the usefulness of incidence-prevalence-mortality (IPM) models in improving estimates of disease epidemiology...
- Has the burden of depression been overestimated?Michelle E Kruijshaar
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Bull World Health Organ 83:443-8. 2005..To investigate whether high estimates of the burden of depression could be attributed to an overestimation of disability weights (reflecting more severe disability)...