Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- Effects of hospital delivery during off-hours on perinatal outcome in several subgroups: a retrospective cohort studyRonald Gijsen
Centre for Public Health Forecasting, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, PO Box 1, Bilthoven, BA, 3720, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:92. 2012..We aim to determine the relationship between off-hours delivery and adverse perinatal outcomes for subgroups of hospital births...
- Causes and consequences of comorbidity: a reviewR Gijsen
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, P O Box 1, 3720 BA, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 54:661-74. 2001..Health care workers need to take comorbid diseases into account in monitoring and treating patients. Future studies on consequences of comorbidity should investigate specific disease combinations...
- Using registries in general practice to estimate countrywide morbidity in The NetherlandsRonald Gijsen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Public Health 120:923-36. 2006..Examining the possibility of using data from registries in general practice in order to present morbidity figures concerning a broad range of major diseases for the Dutch population...
- Frequency of ill-founded off-label prescribing in Dutch general practiceRonald Gijsen
Department of Public Health Status and Forecasting, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:84-91. 2009..The aim of this study is to quantify the extent of ill-founded off-label drug prescriptions in Dutch general practice. The study is based upon information on both the prescription itself and the patient's medical history...
- What factors explain the differences in morbidity estimations among general practice registration networks in the Netherlands? A first analysisCatharina van den Dungen
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Gen Pract 14:53-62. 2008..However, there are some unexplained differences among morbidity estimations calculated from the data of various general practice registration networks (GPRNs)...
- [59 important health problems; a selection of diseases for public health monitoring]Nancy Hoeymans
Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, Centrum Gezondheid and Maatschappij, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5994. 2013..The selection is still based on mortality and morbidity, but also on costs and participation in society, two subjects that are high on the public agenda. ..