Han J de Neeling
Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- New statistical technique for analyzing MIC-based susceptibility dataJan van de Kassteele
Expertise Centre for Methodology and Information Services, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1557-63. 2012..This approach provided an efficient tool to analyze the performance of the Dutch decentralized gonococcal resistance monitoring system and confirmed good and comparable standards...
- PFGE diversity within the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clonal lineage ST398Thijs Bosch
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Microbiol 10:40. 2010..Therefore, a new PFGE using Cfr9I, a neoschizomer of SmaI was optimized and evaluated to investigate ST398 isolates...
- Community-acquired MRSA and pig-farmingXander W Huijsdens
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Diagnostic Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Perinatal Screening, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:26. 2006..Sporadic cases of CA-MRSA in persons without risk-factors for MRSA carriage are increasing...
- A multi-center blinded study on the efficiency of phenotypic screening methods to detect glycopeptide intermediately susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (GISA) and heterogeneous GISA (h-GISA)Andreas Voss
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen University Centre of Infectious Diseases, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 6:9. 2007..To determine the true incidence of hGISA/GISA and its consequent clinical impact, methods must be defined that will reliably and reproducibly discriminate these resistant phenotypes from vancomycin susceptible S. aureus (VSSA)...
- Resistance of staphylococci in The Netherlands: surveillance by an electronic network during 1989-1995A J De Neeling
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 41:93-101. 1998..The results of the PCR method correlated well with the methicillin MIC as determined by an agar-dilution method...
- Antimicrobial resistance of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and emerging ciprofloxacin resistance in the Netherlands, 1991 to 1998A J De Neeling
Research Laboratory for Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3184-5. 2000..MICs for the ciprofloxacin-resistant isolates that emerged increased, and these isolates had mutations in gyrA and parC similar to those observed in the Far East...
- Antibiotic use and resistance of Streptococcus pneumoniae in The Netherlands during the period 1994-1999A J De Neeling
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven Leeuwarden, Nijmegen and Haarlem, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:441-4. 2001..The modest but significant rise in the resistance to erythromycin may have been caused by the increased use of macrolides in the years 1994-1997. The rise in resistance to penicillin seemed not to be related to increased beta-lactam use...
- High prevalence of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus in pigsA J De Neeling
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 122:366-72. 2007....