Anouk T Urbanus
Affiliation: Municipal Health Service
Country: The Netherlands
- Is adding HCV screening to the antenatal national screening program in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, cost-effective?Anouk T Urbanus
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e70319. 2013..Pregnant women are already routinely screened for several infectious diseases, but not yet for HCV infection. Here we examine whether adding HCV screening to routine screening is cost-effective...
- Hepatitis C in the general population of various ethnic origins living in the Netherlands: should non-Western migrants be screened?Anouk T Urbanus
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Amsterdam Public Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 55:1207-14. 2011..To determine whether targeted HCV screening and prevention programs for migrants are needed, we examined HCV prevalence and determinants among non-Western, Western migrants, and the native Dutch population in the Netherlands...
- Hepatitis C virus infections among HIV-infected men who have sex with men: an expanding epidemicAnouk T Urbanus
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Amsterdam Public Health Service, The Netherlands
AIDS 23:F1-7. 2009..We studied the prevalence and determinants of HCV-infection among MSM attending a large sexually transmitted infection (STI) clinic in the Netherlands...
- People with multiple tattoos and/or piercings are not at increased risk for HBV or HCV in The NetherlandsAnouk T Urbanus
Cluster Infectious Diseases, Department of Research, Public Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e24736. 2011....
- Screening for hepatitis B and C in first-generation Egyptian migrants living in the NetherlandsFreke R Zuure
Public Health Service of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Liver Int 33:727-38. 2013..Considering the asymptomatic onset and development of disease in chronically-infected patients, many may remain undiagnosed...
- Reasons for compliance or noncompliance with advice to test for hepatitis C via an internet-mediated blood screening service: a qualitative studyFreke R Zuure
Cluster Infectious Diseases, Department of Research, Public Health Service of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:293. 2011..We performed a qualitative study examining reasons for compliance and noncompliance with advice to test for HCV via the online blood testing service...
- Recreational drug use during sex and sexually transmitted infections among clients of a city sexually transmitted infections clinic in Amsterdam, the NetherlandsMarlies Heiligenberg
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Health Service of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 39:518-27. 2012..We assessed the prevalence of drug use during sex and the associations between such use and STI (chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis)...
- Outcomes of hepatitis C screening programs targeted at risk groups hidden in the general population: a systematic reviewFreke R Zuure
Public Health Service of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Infectious Diseases Cluster, P, O, Box 2200, Amsterdam 1000 CE, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 14:66. 2014..This systematic review of characteristics and outcomes of screening programs for HCV focuses on strategies to identify HCV risk groups hidden in the general population...
- Hepatitis C testing and treatment among active drug users in Amsterdam: results from the DUTCH-C projectCatharina E A Lindenburg
Department of Research, Cluster Infectious Diseases Public Health Service Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:23-31. 2011..The Drug Users Treatment for Chronic Hepatitis-C project aims to offer active drug users in Amsterdam HCV testing and treatment using a multidisciplinary approach...