I G Stolte
Affiliation: Municipal Health Service
Country: The Netherlands
- Risk behaviour and sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise in gay men, but what is happening with HIV?Ineke G Stolte
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, AIDS Research, Municipal Health Service Amsterdam, Nieuwe Achtergracht 100, PO Box 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Infect Dis 15:37-41. 2002..The aim of this review is to give an overview of possible explanations for these alarming increases and to indicate what impact they might have on this epidemic...
- Low HIV-testing rates among younger high-risk homosexual men in AmsterdamIneke G Stolte
Health Service Amsterdam, Cluster of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, Nieuwe Achtergracht 100, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 83:387-91. 2007....
- Increase in sexually transmitted infections among homosexual men in Amsterdam in relation to HAARTI G Stolte
Division of Public Health and Environment, Municipal Health Service Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 77:184-6. 2001....
- Association between 'safer sex fatigue' and rectal gonorrhea is mediated by unsafe sex with casual partners among HIV-positive homosexual menIneke G Stolte
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, HIV and STD Research, Municipal Health Service, Amsterdam, and the Department of Social and Organizational Psychology, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 33:201-8. 2006....
- HIV testing behaviour among heterosexual migrants in AmsterdamI G Stolte
Municipal Health Service Amsterdam, Cluster of Infectious Diseases, HIV and STI Research, Nieuwe Achtergracht 100, PO Box 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS Care 15:563-74. 2003..This would increase HIV awareness and provide the opportunity of better medical care earlier in HIV infection...
- Homosexual men change to risky sex when perceiving less threat of HIV/AIDS since availability of highly active antiretroviral therapy: a longitudinal studyIneke G Stolte
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, HIV and STI Research, Municipal Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS 18:303-9. 2004..To investigate longitudinally the association between highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)-related beliefs and the change from protected to unprotected anal intercourse with casual partners on an individual level...
- Perceived viral load, but not actual HIV-1-RNA load, is associated with sexual risk behaviour among HIV-infected homosexual menIneke G Stolte
Municipal Health Service Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS 18:1943-9. 2004..The present study focused on time trends in sexual risk behaviour and predictors for unprotected anal intercourse in the HAART era among HIV-infected homosexual men...
- Opting out increases HIV testing in a large sexually transmitted infections outpatient clinicR L J Heijman
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, STD Outpatient Clinic, Health Service of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 85:249-55. 2009..The effect of the opt-out strategy on the uptake of HIV testing was studied and factors associated with refusal of HIV testing were identified...
- Absence of HIV-1 superinfection 1 year after infection between 1985 and 1997 coincides with a reduction in sexual risk behavior in the seroincident Amsterdam cohort of homosexual menAndrea Rachinger
Department of Experimental Immunology, Sanquin Research, Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Center of University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 50:1309-15. 2010..Here, we investigated the incidence of HIV-1 superinfection during the first year after infection among homosexual participants in the Amsterdam Cohort Studies on HIV infection and AIDS who seroconverted between 1985 and 1997...
- Increase of sexually transmitted infections, but not HIV, among young homosexual men in Amsterdam: are STIs still reliable markers for HIV transmission?A K van der Bij
Department of HIV and STD Research, Municipal Health Service Amsterdam, PO Box 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 81:34-7. 2005..To explore this discrepancy we compared trends in STIs and HIV in a cohort of young HIV negative homosexual men from 1984 until 2002...
- [The 14th International Aids Conference: 'Knowledge, commitment and action']M Prins
Academisch Medisch Centrum Universiteit van Amsterdam, afd Humane Retrovirologie, Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:1899-903. 2002..The life expectancy of HIV patients will possibly decrease again due to an increased resistance towards the currently available antiretroviral drugs...
- Two decades of hepatitis B infections among drug users in Amsterdam: are they still a high-risk group?Robin van Houdt
Department of Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 81:1163-9. 2009..These findings suggest that drug users may no longer be a high-risk group for HBV infection in Amsterdam. However, trends in drug use need to be monitored...
- Hepatitis C virus infections among HIV-infected men who have sex with men: an expanding epidemicAnouk T Urbanus
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Amsterdam Public Health Service, The Netherlands
AIDS 23:F1-7. 2009..We studied the prevalence and determinants of HCV-infection among MSM attending a large sexually transmitted infection (STI) clinic in the Netherlands...
- Response to 'High-risk sexual behaviour increases among London gay men between 1998 and 2001: what is the role of HIV optimism?'Ineke G Stolte
AIDS 17:2011-2; author reply 2012-3. 2003