Affiliation: Municipal Public Health Service
Country: The Netherlands
- Keeping participants on board: increasing uptake by automated respondent reminders in an Internet-based chlamydia screening in the NetherlandsNynke F B Dokkum
Cluster of Infectious Diseases, Amsterdam Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 12:176. 2012....
- Population prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in the Netherlands. Should asymptomatic persons be tested during population-based Chlamydia screening also for gonorrhoea or only if chlamydial infection is found?Jan E A M van Bergen
STI AIDS Netherlands Soa Aids Nederland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 6:42. 2006..Screening and active case finding for Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) is recommended to prevent reproductive morbidity. However insight in community prevalence of gonococcal infections and co-infections with Neisseria gonorrhoea (NG) is lacking...
- Evaluation design of a systematic, selective, internet-based, Chlamydia screening implementation in the Netherlands, 2008-2010: implications of first results for the analysisIngrid V F van den Broek
Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit, Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 10:89. 2010..The evaluation aims to determine the effects of screening on the population prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis after multiple screening rounds...
- Rationale, design, and results of the first screening round of a comprehensive, register-based, Chlamydia screening implementation programme in the NetherlandsJan E A M van Bergen
STI AIDS Netherlands, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 10:293. 2010..Here, we describe the rationale, design, and implementation of a Chlamydia screening demonstration programme...
- Lessons learned from a population-based chlamydia screening pilotHannelore M Götz
Department of Infectious Diseases, Municipal Public Health Service, Rotterdam The National Institute for STD and AIDS Control in the Netherlands, The Netherlands
Int J STD AIDS 17:826-30. 2006..Sending urine by mail does not impair diagnostics. Reminders are necessary and effective after four weeks. Necessary parental consent for under 16-year olds should not be a deterrent to offer Ct screening to this age group...
- Chlamydia trachomatis infections in multi-ethnic urban youth: a pilot combining STI health education and outreach testing in Rotterdam, NetherlandsH M Gotz
MPH, Municipal Health Service Rotterdam Area, Department of Infectious Diseases, PO Box 70032, 3000 LP Rotterdam, Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 82:148-52; discussion 152-3. 2006..Background/..
- Prediction of Chlamydia trachomatis infection: application of a scoring rule to other populationsHannelore M Götz
Rotterdam Public Health Service, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 33:374-80. 2006..We previously proposed the use of a prediction rule for CT infection for selective screening of high-risk individuals in a population. To support such an application, the prediction rule needs to be validated in other populations...
- Management of Chlamydia cases and their partners: results from a home-based screening program organized by municipal public health services with referral to regular health careHannelore M Götz
Municipal Public Health Service, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 32:625-9. 2005....
- Acceptability and consequences of screening for chlamydia trachomatis by home-based urine testingHannelore M Götz
Municipal Public Health Service, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 32:557-62. 2005..The objective of this study was to study the acceptability and consequences of home-based chlamydia (CT) screening by Municipal Health Services (MHS) among 15- to 29-year-old participants...
- A prediction rule for selective screening of Chlamydia trachomatis infectionH M Gotz
Municipal Health Service Rotterdam, Department Infectious Diseases, PO Box 70032, 3000 LP Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 81:24-30. 2005..This study describes the development of a prediction rule for estimating the risk of chlamydial infection as a basis for selective screening...
- [A cluster of lymphogranuloma venereum among homosexual men in Rotterdam with implications for other countries in Western Europe]H M Gotz
GGD Rotterdam en omstreken, afd Algemene Infectieziekten, Postbus 70 032, 3000 LP Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:441-2. 2004..In view of the patients' international contacts, international warnings and alertness are needed. Concerted action of professionals in infectious disease control and curative care is called for...
- Epidemiological investigation of a food-borne gastroenteritis outbreak caused by Norwalk-like virus in 30 day-care centresHannelore Gotz
Department of Epidemiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control
Scand J Infect Dis 34:115-21. 2002..Contamination by 1 of the food-handlers seems the most likely route of spread of the virus and underlines the importance of strict hygienic routines...
- Clinical spectrum and transmission characteristics of infection with Norwalk-like virus: findings from a large community outbreak in SwedenH Gotz
Department of Epidemiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Diseases Control, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 33:622-8. 2001..This is the first reported outbreak of NLV infection in which secondary transmission into households by individuals has been studied...
- Is the increase in notifications of Chlamydia trachomatis infections in Sweden the result of changes in prevalence, sampling frequency or diagnostic methods?Hannelore Gotz
Department of Epidemiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Stockholm
Scand J Infect Dis 34:28-34. 2002..Increased screening of men may have contributed to the increase, but rising incidence rates in all young age groups of both sexes suggest a true increase in prevalence...
- Demographics, sexual behaviour and STD/HIV prevalence in two groups of men who have sex with men, in Rotterdam, The NetherlandsEric van der Snoek
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Derm Venereol 84:145-50. 2004....