Affiliation: Municipal Health Service
Country: The Netherlands
- Health-care issues and health-care use among detainees in police custodyManon Ceelen
Public Health Service, Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, Amsterdam, P O BOX 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Forensic Leg Med 19:324-31. 2012..These results provide insight into the variety of physical health problems of police detainees and are essential to develop optimal treatment strategies in police custody...
- Post-mortem toxicological urine screening in cause of death determinationManon Ceelen
Public Health Service, Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Exp Toxicol 30:1165-73. 2011..Based on these (preliminary) results, further action to incorporate routine post-mortem toxicology as a tool in forensic death investigation is recommended...
- Prevalence and medical risks of body packing in the Amsterdam areaTina Dorn
Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, Public Health Service Amsterdam, P O BOX 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Forensic Leg Med 20:86-90. 2013..The aim of the study was to provide an estimate of the medical risks of body packing, describe predictors for hospital referral in detained body packers and provide an estimate for the prevalence of body packing in the Amsterdam area...
- [Cocaine use and sudden death: excited delirium syndrome]C Kees Das
GGD Amsterdam, Afd Algemene Gezondheidszorg ForensischeGeneeskunde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 153:B299. 2009..Beta blockers and antipsychotic medication should not be administered, as these medications can exacerbate the fatal cardiac effects seen in excited delirium...
- Detainees in Amsterdam, a target population of the Public Mental Health System?Marcel Buster
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, Public Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
J Forensic Leg Med 25:55-9. 2014..This urges for a close cooperation between Public Mental Health Care and Forensic Medical Services. ..
- Enhancing the visibility of injuries with narrow-banded beams of light within the visible light spectrumRoxane M Limmen
Public Health Service, Department of Forensic Medicine, Amsterdam, 1000 CE, The Netherlands
J Forensic Sci 58:518-22. 2013..The simple noninvasive method showed a great potential contribution in injury examination. ..
- Health care seeking among detained undocumented migrants: a cross-sectional studyTina Dorn
Public Health Service, Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, P O BOX 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:190. 2011..Studies on the health of undocumented migrants in Europe are scarce and focus on care-seeking migrants. Not much is known on those who do not seek care...