J J M Dekker
Affiliation: Mentrum Mental Health Organization
Country: The Netherlands
- What is the best sequential treatment strategy in the treatment of depression? Adding pharmacotherapy to psychotherapy or vice versa?Jack Dekker
Arkin Mental Health Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychother Psychosom 82:89-98. 2013..Insufficient response to monotreatment for depression is a common phenomenon in clinical practice. Even so, evidence indicating how to proceed in such cases is sparse...
- Treatment of chronically depressed patients: a multisite randomized controlled trial testing the effectiveness of 'Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy' (CBASP) for chronic depressions versus usual secondary careJenneke E Wiersma
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center and Academic Outpatient Clinic for Affective Disorders, Stichting GGZBuitenamstel de Geestgronden, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 8:18. 2008..However, no other studies have as yet replicated these findings and CBASP has not been tested outside the United States. This protocol describes a randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of CBASP in the Netherlands...
- Sensitivity and specificity of the Major Depression Inventory in outpatientsPim Cuijpers
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 7:39. 2007....
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy versus Short Psychodynamic Supportive Psychotherapy in the outpatient treatment of depression: a randomized controlled trialEllen Driessen
Depression Research Group, JellinekMentrum Mental Health Care, Overschiestraat 65, 1062 XD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 7:58. 2007..This article outlines the study protocol. The results of the study, which is being currently carried out, will be presented as soon as they are available...
- Dose-effect relations in time-limited combined psycho-pharmacological treatment for depressionJ Dekker
Depression Research Group of the Mentrum Institute for Mental Health, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 35:47-58. 2005..Whether there is a relation between the number of sessions and the efficacy of the treatment is uncertain...
- Gender differences in clinical features of depressed outpatients: preliminary evidence for subtyping of depression?Jack Dekker
Mentrum Depression Research Group, JellinekMentrum Mental Health Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Women Health 46:19-38. 2007..Gender differences in depression are usually associated with prevalence, severity, and sometimes with specific syndromes or subtypes. However, a lack of differentiation exists between these factors...
- Psychiatric disorders and urbanization in GermanyJack Dekker
JellinekMentrum Mental Health Institute, Klaprozenweg 111, P, O, Box 75848, 1070 AV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 8:17. 2008....
- Speed of action: the relative efficacy of short psychodynamic supportive psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy in the first 8 weeks of a treatment algorithm for depressionJ J M Dekker
Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 109:183-8. 2008..To examine the efficacy and speed of action of short-term psychodynamic supportive psychotherapy (SPSP) in comparison to pharmacotherapy (PhT) in the acute treatment of depression...
- Urbanisation as a risk indicator for psychiatric admissionJ Peen
Mentrum Mental Health Amsterdam, Section Research and Development, Klaprozenweg 111, PO Box 75848, 1070 AV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 38:535-8. 2003..This study examines the independent effect of urbanisation on the risk for admission irrespective of age, sex and marital status...
- [Treatment of depressive disorder and comorbid personality pathology: combined therapy versus pharmacotherapy]S Kool
Mentrum GGZ Amsterdam, Polikliniek West, Frederik Hendrikstraat, Amsterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 49:361-72. 2007..There is no equivocal treatment method of choice in literature, and opinions differ as to whether personality pathology has an adverse influence on the efficacy of the treatment for depression...
- Combining psychotherapy and antidepressants in the treatment of depressionF de Jonghe
Mentrum Mental Health Amsterdam, Department SPDC, Tweede Constantijn Huygenstraat 37, 1054 AG, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 64:217-29. 2001..To compare the efficacy of antidepressants with that of antidepressants plus psychotherapy ("combined therapy") in the treatment of depression...
- Utilization of health care by patients with multiple sclerosis is based on professional and patient-defined health needsH Beckerman
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mult Scler 14:1269-79. 2008..This cross-sectional study investigates healthcare utilization, and determines which predisposing, enabling, and health factors are associated with healthcare utilization among 121 patients with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- The current status of urban-rural differences in psychiatric disordersJ Peen
Research Department, Arkin Mental Health Institute Amsterdam, 1070 AV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Psychiatr Scand 121:84-93. 2010..Reviews of urban-rural differences in psychiatric disorders conclude that urban rates may be marginally higher and, specifically, somewhat higher for depression. However, pooled results are not available...
- Psychometric properties of an interviewer-administered version of the Kessler Psychological Distress scale (K10) among Dutch, Moroccan and Turkish respondentsT Fassaert
Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, Municipal Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 18:159-68. 2009..The results nevertheless highlight the importance of cross-cultural validation, as we found different cut-off values for ethnic subgroups to obtain optimal sensitivity and specificity for detecting depressive and/or anxiety disorders...
- The availability of allied health care in nursing homesMarike E De Boer
Department of Nursing Home Medicine, Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Disabil Rehabil 29:665-70. 2007..To determine the availability of allied health care in nursing homes in the Netherlands, and its dependency on characteristics of the nursing home...
- What is the risk of mortality for people who are screen positive in a diabetes screening programme but who do not have diabetes on biochemical testing? Diabetes screening programmes from a public health perspectiveA Spijkerman
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, UK
J Med Screen 9:187-90. 2002..To assess mortality risk in people classified by the Cambridge risk score (CRS), a previously validated simple screening tool for undiagnosed type 2 diabetes that uses only information routinely available in primary care...
- The possession of technical aids among persons with a somatic chronic diseaseJ Dekker
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, PO Box 7057 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Disabil Rehabil 25:393-8. 2003..The goal of the present study was to determine whether the possession of technical aids is dependent on the type of chronic disease, illness duration, co-morbidity, disability, age, and several other factors...
- The incidences of and consultation rate for lower extremity complaints in general practiceJ M van der Waal
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine EMGO Institute, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 65:809-15. 2006..To estimate the incidence and consultation rate of lower extremity complaints in general practice...