Affiliation: Mental Health Services North-Holland North
Country: The Netherlands
- White blood cell monitoring during long-term clozapine treatmentDan Cohen
Department of Severe Mental Illness, Mental Health Care Organization North Holland North, Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 170:366-9. 2013..For mentally competent and adequately informed patients, the Netherlands Clozapine Collaboration Group now permits quarterly monitoring after the first 6 months of clozapine treatment...
- Beyond white blood cell monitoring: screening in the initial phase of clozapine therapyDan Cohen
Department of Severe Mental Illness, Mental Health Care Organization North Holland North, Hectorlaan 19, 1702 CL Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychiatry 73:1307-12. 2012..The objective of this review is to determine whether an update of the screening guidelines for serious side effects with clozapine is evidence based...
- [Clozapine screening: white bloodcell counts no longer sufficient]D Cohen
Vakgroep KLinische Epidemiologie, Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, Heerhugowaard
Tijdschr Psychiatr 52:785-90. 2010..The current situation is weighed up on the basis of a comparison of the chances that these side-effects can occur and cause death. The conclusion is that weekly or monthly screening should be carried out for all these side-effects...
- [Screening of adults with schizophrenia for metabolic complications caused by atypical antipsychotics]D Cohen
Tijdschr Psychiatr 52:111-5. 2010..Systematic screening, however, means that sideeffects can be diagnosed at an earlier, less severe stage, leading to higher rates of survival and remission. This should contribute to a normalising of the mortality rate...
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus in chronic schizophrenic inpatients in relation to long-term antipsychotic treatmentD Cohen
Psychiatric Institute Rijngeest, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:187-94. 2006....
- Hyperglycemia and diabetes in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disordersDan Cohen
Centre for Mental Health Care Rijngeestgroep, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 29:786-91. 2006..To address this issue, we decided to assess glucose metabolism in a population of patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- Compulsory treatment with clozapine: a retrospective long-term cohort studyPeter F J Schulte
Department De Dijk, Mental Health Services North Holland North, Kennemerstraatweg 464, 1851 NG Heiloo, The Netherlands
Int J Law Psychiatry 30:539-45. 2007..Clozapine is the gold standard in treatment of treatment-resistant psychotic patients. We know little about the effects of compulsory treatment in patients unwilling to accept the necessary treatment...
- Effect of risperidone on ghrelin and glucose in schizophreniaDan Cohen
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:576. 2007
- Applicability of the oral glucose tolerance test in assessing prevalence and incidence of diabetes mellitus in schizophreniaDan Cohen
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1307-8; author reply 1308-9. 2007
- Atypical antipsychotic-induced diabetes mellitus in child and adolescent psychiatryDan Cohen
CNS Drugs 21:1035-8. 2007
- Patients with schizophrenia show raised serum levels of the pro-inflammatory chemokine CCL2: association with the metabolic syndrome in patients?Roosmarijn C Drexhage
Schizophr Res 102:352-5. 2008
- Scientific standards: critical comments on the pharmacoepidemiological study of second-generation antipsychotic exposure and metabolic-related disorders in patients with schizophreniaDan Cohen
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:461-2; author reply 462-4. 2008
- Immunological characteristics of diabetes in schizophreniaDan Cohen
Diabetologia 48:1941-2. 2005
- Diabetes mellitus during olanzapine and quetiapine treatment in JapanDan Cohen
J Clin Psychiatry 66:265-6; author reply 266-7. 2005
- Antipsychotic drugs may worsen metabolic control in type 2 diabetes mellitusJosé A Spoelstra
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychiatry 65:674-8. 2004..In this study, we investigated whether the use of antipsychotic drugs in patients with diabetes leads to worsening of glycemic control...
- A high prevalence of organ-specific autoimmunity in patients with bipolar disorderRoos C Padmos
Department of Immunology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 56:476-82. 2004..Here we report the prevalence of other organ-specific autoantibodies: H/K adenosine triphosphatase (ATPA), glutamic acid decarboxylase-65 (GAD65A), and GAD-67 (GAD67A)...