Affiliation: Medical Centre Alkmaar
Country: The Netherlands
- D-dimer levels in assessing severity and clinical outcome in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. A secondary analysis of a randomised clinical trialDominic Snijders
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Medical Centre Alkmaar, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Eur J Intern Med 23:436-41. 2012..In this study we assess the use of D-dimer levels and its association with severity assessment and clinical outcome in patients hospitalised with community-acquired pneumonia...
- Efficacy of corticosteroids in community-acquired pneumonia: a randomized double-blinded clinical trialDominic Snijders
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Medical Centre Alkmaar, Wilhelminalaan 15, 1812 JD Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:975-82. 2010..Some studies have shown a beneficial effect of corticosteroids in patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), possibly by diminishing local and systemic antiinflammatory host response...
- Antibiotics in addition to systemic corticosteroids for acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJohannes M A Daniels
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:150-7. 2010..The role of antibiotics in acute exacerbations is controversial and their efficacy when added to systemic corticosteroids is unknown...
- Procalcitonin vs C-reactive protein as predictive markers of response to antibiotic therapy in acute exacerbations of COPDJohannes M A Daniels
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Medical Centre Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Chest 138:1108-15. 2010..Rational prescription of antibiotics in acute exacerbations of COPD (AECOPD) requires predictive markers. We aimed to analyze whether markers of systemic inflammation can predict response to antibiotics in AECOPD...
- The influence of COPD on mortality and severity scoring in community-acquired pneumoniaDominic Snijders
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Medical Center Alkmaar, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Respiration 79:46-53. 2010..Chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD) is a frequent co-morbidity in patients hospitalised with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). In recent retrospective studies, higher mortality in patients with CAP and COPD was found...