Genomes and Genes
Jan Willem Voncken
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Rnf2 (Ring1b) deficiency causes gastrulation arrest and cell cycle inhibitionJan Willem Voncken
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2468-73. 2003..Importantly, this finding implicates Polycomb-mediated repression of the Cdkn2a locus in early murine development...
- Genetic modification of the mouse: general technology - pronuclear and blastocyst injectionJan Willem Voncken
Department of Molecular Genetics, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 693:11-36. 2011..This chapter describes classic biotechnological methods used to generate mice from modified pre-implantation embryos...
- Gene expression during acute and prolonged hypoxia is regulated by distinct mechanisms of translational controlMarianne Koritzinsky
Department of Radiation Oncology (MAASTRO, GROW Research Institute, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 25:1114-25. 2006..Together, our data indicate that acute and prolonged hypoxia regulates mRNA translation through distinct mechanisms, each with important contributions to hypoxic gene expression...
- MAPKAP kinase 3pK phosphorylates and regulates chromatin association of the polycomb group protein Bmi1Jan Willem Voncken
Research Institute Growth and Development, Molecular Genetics, Maastricht University, Universiteitssingel 50, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 280:5178-87. 2005..This suggests a novel mechanism by which a silenced gene status can be modulated and implicates PcG-mediated repression as a dynamically controlled process...
- A novel in vivo model to study endochondral bone formation; HIF-1alpha activation and BMP expressionPieter J Emans
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Bone 40:409-18. 2007..Our model recapitulates essential steps in osteochondrogenesis and provides a new experimental system to study and ultimately control tissue regeneration in the adult organism...
- Mapping of protein- and chromatin-interactions at the nuclear laminaNard Kubben
Center for Heart Failure Research, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nucleus 1:460-71. 2010..Here we summarize and critically discuss recent technology to analyze lamina-protein and-chromatin interactions...