Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Cinnamon supplementation does not improve glycemic control in postmenopausal type 2 diabetes patientsKristof Vanschoonbeek
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Nutr 136:977-80. 2006..More research on the proposed health benefits of cinnamon supplementation is warranted before health claims should be made...
- Plasma triacylglycerol and coagulation factor concentrations predict the anticoagulant effect of dietary fish oil in overweight subjectsKristof Vanschoonbeek
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research and Cardiovascular Research Institutes of Maastricht, Maastricht University, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Nutr 137:7-13. 2007..We conclude that high fasting triacylglycerol concentrations predict high procoagulant activity and a lowering of thrombin potential with dietary fish oil...
- Variable hypocoagulant effect of fish oil intake in humans: modulation of fibrinogen level and thrombin generationKristof Vanschoonbeek
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research and Cardiovascular Research Institutes of Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1734-40. 2004..We studied how fish oil intake influenced thrombin generation in plasma and which factors were involved herein...
- Long-term leucine supplementation does not increase muscle mass or strength in healthy elderly menSuzanne Verhoeven
Department of Human Movement Sciences, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute, Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 89:1468-75. 2009..It has been reported that the blunted muscle protein synthetic response to food intake in the elderly can be normalized by increasing the leucine content of a meal...
- Anticoagulant effect of dietary fish oil in hyperlipidemia: a study of hepatic gene expression in APOE2 knock-in miceKristof Vanschoonbeek
Department of Biochemistry, CARIM and NUTRIM, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:2023-9. 2008..Using APOE2 knock-in mice, the relation of these fish-oil effects with altered gene expression was investigated...
- Fish oil consumption and reduction of arterial diseaseKristof Vanschoonbeek
Department of Human Biology, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Nutr 133:657-60. 2003..In addition, we consider the possibility that the dietary effect on hemostatic and lipid factors involves transcription regulation of multiple genes, perhaps in a subject-dependent manner...
- Control of platelet activation by cyclic AMP turnover and cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase type-3Marion A H Feijge
Department of Biochemistry, University of Maastricht, P O Box 616, Maastricht, MD 6200, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1559-67. 2004..This crucial role of PDE3, but not of PDE5, extends to all major processes in thrombus formation: assembly of platelets into aggregates, secretion of autocrine products, and procoagulant activity...
- Thrombin-induced hyperactivity of platelets of young stroke patients: involvement of thrombin receptors in the subject-dependent variability in Ca2+ signal generationKristof Vanschoonbeek
Dept of Human Biology, Cardiovascular Research Institute of Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 88:931-7. 2002..Furthermore, the subject-dependent variation in thrombin-induced signalling is likely to involve PAR1-mediated platelet activation...