B L Jorissen
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- The influence of soy-derived phosphatidylserine on cognition in age-associated memory impairmentB L Jorissen
Experimental Psychopharmacology Unit, Brain and Behaviour Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nutr Neurosci 4:121-34. 2001..There were also no significant interactions between treatment and 'severity of memory complaints'. In conclusion, a daily supplement of S-PS does not affect memory or other cognitive functions in older individuals with memory complaints...
- Safety of soy-derived phosphatidylserine in elderly peopleB L Jorissen
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Brain and Behaviour Institute, Universiteit Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nutr Neurosci 5:337-43. 2002..In conclusion, soy derived PS is a safe nutritional supplement for older persons if taken up to a dosage of 200 mg three times daily...
- Nutrients, age and cognitive functionW J Riedel
Experimental Psychopharmacology Unit, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 1:579-85. 1998..The effects of nutritional supplements are modest but do not seem to be very different from those of medicinal or investigational cognition-enhancing or anti-dementia drugs...
- Tryptophan depletion impairs memory consolidation but improves focussed attention in healthy young volunteersJ A Schmitt
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Brain and Behavior Institute, European Graduate School for Neurosciences, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Psychopharmacol 14:21-9. 2000..Improvement of specific cognitive processes by lowered 5-HT function may be linked to the removal of inhibitory actions of 5-HT in the cortex...
- Nutrients, age and cognitionB L Jorissen
Experimental Psychopharmacology Unit, Brain and Behaviour Institute, Universiteit Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 21:89-95. 2002....