Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Review: Serotonin by stress interaction: a susceptibility factor for the development of depression?Christine Firk
Department of Experimental Psychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Psychopharmacol 21:538-44. 2007....
- Effects of acute tryptophan depletion on affective processing in first-degree relatives of depressive patients and controls after exposure to uncontrollable stressChristine Firk
Department of Clinical Psychological Science, Faculty of Psychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 199:151-60. 2008..Based on previous data, it is suggested that stress may be a mediating factor...
- Differential effects of 5-HTTLPR genotypes on mood, memory, and attention bias following acute tryptophan depletion and stress exposureChristine Firk
Department of Clinical Psychological Science, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200, MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:805-18. 2009..Polymorphisms of the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR) may be associated with increased vulnerability to acute tryptophan depletion (ATD) and depression vulnerability especially following stressful life events...
- Mood and cortisol responses following tryptophan-rich hydrolyzed protein and acute stress in healthy subjects with high and low cognitive reactivity to depressionChristine Firk
Department of Clinical Psychological Science, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 28:266-71. 2009..We hypothesized that subjects with high CR are more responsive to the beneficial effects of HP than subjects with low CR particularly after acute stress exposure...
- Differential effects of tri-allelic 5-HTTLPR polymorphisms in healthy subjects on mood and stress performance after tryptophan challengeC Rob Markus
Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Department of Neuropsychology and Psychopharmacology, University Maastricht, Maastricht, Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2667-74. 2009..This apparent genetic 5-HT vulnerability may become a meaningful risk factor for depression when brain 5-HT falls below functional need in the face of real severe stressful life events...
- Serotonin transporter genotype modulates cognitive reappraisal of negative emotions: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyChristine Firk
Department of Neuropsychology and Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 8:247-58. 2013..The current results support and extend previous findings of enhanced emotionality in S carriers by providing additional evidence of 5-HTTLPR modulation of volitional emotion regulation...
- Effect of different tryptophan sources on amino acids availability to the brain and mood in healthy volunteersC Rob Markus
Department of Neuropsychology and Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Psychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 201:107-14. 2008..The effects of ALAC remain rather modest, and alternative protein sources of tryptophan may be more effective...