M J Dirx
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Physical activity and risk of ovarian cancer: results from the Netherlands Cohort Study (The Netherlands)Regien G Biesma
Department of Epidemiology, NUTRIM, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer Causes Control 17:109-15. 2006..To investigate the association between nonoccupational physical activity and the risk of ovarian cancer among post-menopausal women...
- Energy restriction in childhood and adolescence and risk of prostate cancer: results from the Netherlands Cohort StudyM J Dirx
Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 154:530-7. 2001..The authors found no evidence for the hypothesis that energy restriction early in life decreases prostate cancer risk later in life...
- Baseline recreational physical activity, history of sports participation, and postmenopausal breast carcinoma risk in the Netherlands Cohort StudyM J Dirx
Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer 92:1638-49. 2001..The aim of the current study was to evaluate the relation between physical activity and breast carcinoma risk with specific emphasis on interaction with other aspects of energy balance...
- Energy restriction early in life and colon carcinoma risk: results of The Netherlands Cohort Study after 7.3 years of follow-upMiranda J M Dirx
Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer 97:46-55. 2003..This study evaluated the effects of severe undernutrition during adolescence and subsequent colon carcinoma risk...
- Trends in incidence of oesophageal and stomach cancer subtypes in EuropeJessie Steevens
GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:669-78. 2010..The main goal of this study was to investigate more recent trends in the incidence of oesophageal and stomach cancer subtypes in the European countries...
- Physical activity and the risk of prostate cancer in the Netherlands cohort study, results after 9.3 years of follow-upMaurice P A Zeegers
Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1490-5. 2005..The aim of the current study was to evaluate the relation between physical activity and prostate cancer risk with specific emphasis on interaction with body mass index (BMI) and baseline energy intake...
- Energy restriction and the risk of spontaneous mammary tumors in mice: a meta-analysisMiranda J M Dirx
Maastricht University, Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 106:766-70. 2003..This meta-analysis confirms that energy restriction in itself consistently protects against the development of mammary tumor in mice, irrespective of the type of restricted nutrient or other study characteristics...
- Implementation of sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer patients in the NetherlandsVincent K Y Ho
Comprehensive Cancer Centre Middle Netherlands, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 44:683-91. 2008..We examined the extent of use over time of SNB in women who were considered eligible for SNB on the basis of their clinical status...