Brenda W C Bongaerts
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Alcohol and the risk of colon and rectal cancer with mutations in the K-ras geneBrenda W C Bongaerts
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Department of Epidemiology, University Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Alcohol 38:147-54. 2006..In conclusion, alcohol does not seem to be involved in predisposing to CRC through mutations in the K-ras gene, and specifically beer consumption is not associated with colon and rectal tumors harboring a G-->A mutation...
- Alcohol consumption and distinct molecular pathways to colorectal cancerBrenda W C Bongaerts
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Department of Epidemiology, University Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 97:430-4. 2007..In conclusion, our results indicate that a daily alcohol consumption of >or=30 g is associated with an increase in risk of CRC, independent of the presence or absence of the studied characteristics of different aetiological pathways...
- Alcohol consumption, type of alcoholic beverage and risk of colorectal cancer at specific subsitesBrenda W C Bongaerts
Department of Epidemiology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 123:2411-7. 2008..Also, cancer risk may vary according to anatomical subsite...
- Alcohol consumption, alcohol dehydrogenase 1C (ADH1C) genotype, and risk of colorectal cancer in the Netherlands Cohort Study on diet and cancerBrenda W C Bongaerts
GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Alcohol 45:217-25. 2011..Nevertheless, the interaction deserves further investigation in larger genetic epidemiologic studies...
- Associations of dietary methyl donor intake with MLH1 promoter hypermethylation and related molecular phenotypes in sporadic colorectal cancerStefan de Vogel
Department of Epidemiology, GROW, School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 29:1765-73. 2008....