Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Medical work and the computer-based patient record: a sociological perspectiveM Berg
Department of Health Ethics and Philosophy, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 37:294-301. 1998..Finally, some consequences this depiction has for current discussions on and (proposed) implementations of CPRs are described...
- Considerations for sociotechnical design: experiences with an electronic patient record in a clinical contextM Berg
Health Ethics and Philosophy, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 52:243-51. 1998..Third, designing IT should include being aware of the socio political nature of seemingly 'neutral' tools as EPRs...
- Ethical issues of cost effectiveness analysis and guideline setting in mental health careR Berghmans
Institute for Bioethics, Health Ethics and Philosophy, Department of Caring Sciences, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Med Ethics 30:146-50. 2004..This article is partly based on the results of a research project on the normative aspects of guideline setting in psychiatry and cardiology which was conducted under the guidance of the Royal Dutch Medical Association...
- Meeting patients' needs with patient information systems: potential benefits of qualitative research methodsM Berg
Institute of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, L4-117, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 64:1-14. 2001....
- Three decades of sociomedical experiences from West Swedish Rett females 4-60 years of ageB Hagberg
Department of Pediatrics, The Queen Silvia Children's Hospital, , SE-416 85, Gothenburg, Sweden
Brain Dev 23:S28-31. 2001..The large majority had usually moved to small group homes, a good and well-accepted environment once the staff had learned the particularities of these so uniquely neurodevelopmentally disabled women...
- [Less ethnic knowledge in the Dutch College of General Practitioner's practice guidelines on type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertension and asthma in adults than in the supporting literature]D R Manna
Erasmus Medisch Centrum, Instituut Beleid en Management Gezondheidszorg, Postbus 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 147:1691-6. 2003....
- Ethnic specific recommendations in clinical practice guidelines: a first exploratory comparison between guidelines from the USA, Canada, the UK, and the NetherlandsD R Manna
Department of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Qual Saf Health Care 12:353-8. 2003..To investigate whether clinical practice guidelines in different countries take ethnic differences between patients into consideration and to assess the scientific foundation of such ethnic specific recommendations...
- The search for synergy: interrelating medical work and patient care information systemsM Berg
Institute of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 42:337-44. 2003..This article aims to search for the way patient care information systems can be most fruitfully put to work in health care...
- The surgical and oncological safety of immediate breast reconstructionP Mustonen
Department of Plastic Surgery, Kuopio University Hospital, P O Box 1777, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:817-23. 2004....