M J H Wermer
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Long-term mortality and vascular event risk after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhageM J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:1399-401. 2009..Patients with a history of subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) may be at risk for vascular events and excess mortality...
- Follow-up screening after subarachnoid haemorrhage: frequency and determinants of new aneurysms and enlargement of existing aneurysmsM J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Brain 128:2421-9. 2005..The risks and benefits of screening, however, should be carefully weighed, for example, in a decision model...
- Psychosocial impact of screening for intracranial aneurysms in relatives with familial subarachnoid hemorrhageM J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 36:836-40. 2005..In families with > or =2 relatives with intracranial aneurysms (IAs), screening for IAs in asymptomatic first-degree relatives is often recommended. We assessed the long-term psychosocial impact of such screening...
- Yield of screening for new aneurysms after treatment for subarachnoid hemorrhageM J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurology 62:369-75. 2004..Patients who have been successfully treated for subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) are at risk for new episodes. The authors studied the effect of screening with CT angiography (CTA) for new aneurysms...
- Interobserver agreement in the assessment of lobar versus deep location of intracerebral haematomas on CTM J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3500 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neuroradiol 29:271-4. 2002..The kappa values were almost perfect, ranging from 0.88 to 0.96. We conclude that the assessment of CT by radiologist is a reliable method to discriminate between lobar versus deep origin even for large intracerebral haematomas...