Willem Van der Does
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- The effects of tryptophan depletion on mood and psychiatric symptomsA J Van der Does
Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, Leiden University, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 64:107-19. 2001..Recently, a number of negative results have been published, implicating that the effect of TD on mood may be less consistent than previously thought...
- Cognitive reactivity to sad mood: structure and validity of a new measureWillem Van der Does
Department of Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Behav Res Ther 40:105-20. 2002..It is concluded that the LEIDS is a promising measure of cognitive reactivity, and that clinical studies need to be carried out to test its ability to predict relapse of depression...
- Anxiety sensitivity profile: dimensional structure and relationship with temperament and characterWillem Van der Does
Department of Psychology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychother Psychosom 72:217-22. 2003..Preliminary evidence (college student sample) suggests that the ASP has 4 dimensions. In the present study, the dimensional structure of the ASP was further investigated, as well as its relationship with temperament and character traits...
- Thought suppression and cognitive vulnerability to depressionWillem Van der Does
Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Psychol 44:1-14. 2005..CR has been found to predict relapse of depression (Segal, Gemar and Williams, 1999). This study compared different measures of CR, and also investigated the role of thought suppression as a possible mechanism underlying CR...
- Burn injuries, psychiatric disorders and length of hospitalizationA J Van der Does
Department of Psychiatry, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 43:431-5. 1997..The often reported longer hospitalization of psychiatric patients may be restricted to substance-dependent patients and may be mediated by poorer physical condition...
- Predictors of mood response to acute tryptophan depletion. A reanalysisLinda Booij
Department of Psychology, University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:852-61. 2002..Whether the effects of ATD represent a reversal of the action of SSRI antidepressants or individual vulnerability probably depends upon the timing of the procedure in the course of remission of a depressive episode...