Miranda M C van Beers
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Hybrid transgenic immune tolerant mouse model for assessing the breaking of B cell tolerance by human interferon betaMiranda M C van Beers
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol Methods 352:32-7. 2010..This suggests that pegylation did not affect the potential of rhIFNbeta-1a to break B cell tolerance...
- Aggregated recombinant human interferon Beta induces antibodies but no memory in immune-tolerant transgenic miceMiranda M C van Beers
Department of Pharmaceutics Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 27:1812-24. 2010..To study the influence of protein aggregation on the immunogenicity of recombinant human interferon beta (rhIFNbeta) in wild-type mice and transgenic, immune-tolerant mice, and to evaluate the induction of immunological memory...
- Antibody response against Betaferon® in immune tolerant mice: involvement of marginal zone B-cells and CD4+ T-cells and apparent lack of immunological memoryMelody Sauerborn
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Utrecht University, Universiteitsweg 99, Utrecht, 3584 CG, The Netherlands
J Clin Immunol 33:255-63. 2013..The apparent absence of immunological memory indicates a CD4+ T-cell independent (Tind) immune response underlying ADA formation against Betaferon®. This hypothesis was tested...
- Immunogenicity of recombinant human interferon beta interacting with particles of glass, metal, and polystyreneMiranda M C van Beers
Division of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pharm Sci 101:187-99. 2012..The protein fraction adsorbed on stainless steel particles was responsible for this. In conclusion, rhIFNβ-1a adsorbs to common hydrophilic surface materials, possibly increasing the immunogenicity of the protein...
- On the role of aggregates in the immunogenicity of recombinant human interferon beta in patients with multiple sclerosisMiranda M C van Beers
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Interferon Cytokine Res 30:767-75. 2010..Here, we summarize the different factors influencing the immunogenicity of rhIFN-β in patients with multiple sclerosis and discuss the role played by rhIFN-β aggregates...