Huub Jl van der Heide
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- No improvement in long-term wear and revision rates with the second-generation Biomet cup (RingLoc) in young patients: 141 hips followed for median 12 yearsBart Boesenach
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop 82:664-8. 2011..In 1994, the HexLoc acetabular component was replaced with a second-generation design, the RingLoc. We hypothesized that the new generation would have improved the results...
- The mid-term outcome of total ankle arthroplasty and ankle fusion in rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic reviewJacqueline van Heiningen
Department of Orthopaedics J11 R74, Leiden University Medical Centre, P, O, Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:306. 2013..This review provides clinical outcomes and complications of both interventions in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Hemiarthroplasties in young patients with osteonecrosis or a tumour of the proximal femur; an observational cohort studyPim W van Egmond
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, P O Box 9600, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:31. 2013..The purpose of this study is to evaluate hemiarthroplasty as treatment strategy for young patients with osteonecrosis or a tumour of the proximal femur...
- [Haematogenous infection of a prosthetic joint]Huub J L van der Heide
afd Orthopedie, Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5448. 2013..Care should be taken particularly for wounds around the foot and ankle in patients with a total joint arthroplasty, especially those who also have diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis or are immunocompromised...
- Measuring femoral lesions despite CT metal artefacts: a cadaveric studyDaniel F Malan
Department of Orthopaedics, Leiden University Medical Center, J11 R Albinusdreef 2, 2333ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Skeletal Radiol 41:547-55. 2012..We investigated to what extent metal artefacts interfere with the segmentation of lesions adjacent to a metal femoral implant and whether metal artefact reduction improves the manual segmentation of such lesions...
- Regenerative potential of human muscle stem cells in chronic inflammationBouke J Duijnisveld
Department of Orthopaedics, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R207. 2011..The aim of this study was to define the role of chronic inflammation on the regenerative potential of satellite cells in human muscle...
- Total ankle prostheses in rheumatoid arthropathy: Outcome in 52 patients followed for 1-9 yearsHuub J L van der Heide
Department of Orthopaedics, Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop 80:440-4. 2009..We evaluated TARs implanted with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or juvenile inflammatory arthritis (JIA) as indication...
- Elevated levels of numerous cytokines in drainage fluid after primary total hip arthroplastyHuub J L van der Heide
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Int Orthop 34:1099-102. 2010..We found a strong correlation between the different pro-inflammatory cytokines. The IL-6 to IL-10 ratio were also raised, showing a pro-inflammatory predominance. Levels were much higher than those previously shown in serum...
- AQUILA: assessment of quality in lower limb arthroplasty. An expert Delphi consensus for total knee and total hip arthroplastyBart G Pijls
Department of Orthopaedics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:173. 2011..A Delphi approach was used to develop a checklist for reporting quality, methodological quality and generalizability of case series and cohorts in total hip and total knee arthroplasty with a focus on aseptic loosening...