Henk van Steenbergen
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Reward valence modulates conflict-driven attentional adaptation: electrophysiological evidenceHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, The Netherlands
Biol Psychol 90:234-41. 2012..These data provide a first important step toward understanding the neural mechanism underlying the affective regulation of conflict-driven behavior...
- Reward counteracts conflict adaptation. Evidence for a role of affect in executive controlHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition and Leiden University Institute of Psychology, 2333 AK Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychol Sci 20:1473-7. 2009....
- In the mood for adaptation: how affect regulates conflict-driven controlHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychol Sci 21:1629-34. 2010..Arousal level did not influence conflict adaptation. This study suggests that affect adaptively regulates cognitive control. Implications for future research and psychopathology are discussed...
- Affective regulation of cognitive-control adjustments in remitted depressive patients after acute tryptophan depletionHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden University, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 12:280-6. 2012..We found that depressive symptoms induced by ATD were associated with increased conflict adaptation. Our finding extends recent observations implying an important role of affect in regulating conflict-driven cognitive control...
- Action-effect negativity: irrelevant action effects are monitored like relevant feedbackGuido P H Band
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK Leiden, The Netherlands
Biol Psychol 82:211-8. 2009..Like task-relevant performance feedback, task-irrelevant action effects serve as a basis for action monitoring processes, presumably mediated by medial frontal cortex...