Henk van Steenbergen
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Threat but not arousal narrows attention: evidence from pupil dilation and saccade controlHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition and Leiden University Institute of Psychology, Leiden University Leiden, Netherlands
Front Psychol 2:281. 2011..However, increased attentional selectivity was only observed following negative pictures. Our data show that motivational intensity effects on attentional narrowing can occur independently of physiological arousal effects...
- Pupil dilation in the Simon task as a marker of conflict processingHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition Leiden, Netherlands Institute of Psychology, Leiden University Leiden, Netherlands
Front Hum Neurosci 7:215. 2013....
- Reward valence modulates conflict-driven attentional adaptation: electrophysiological evidenceHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, The Netherlands
Biol Psychol 90:234-41. 2012..These data provide a first important step toward understanding the neural mechanism underlying the affective regulation of conflict-driven behavior...
- Reward counteracts conflict adaptation. Evidence for a role of affect in executive controlHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition and Leiden University Institute of Psychology, 2333 AK Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychol Sci 20:1473-7. 2009....
- In the mood for adaptation: how affect regulates conflict-driven controlHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychol Sci 21:1629-34. 2010..Arousal level did not influence conflict adaptation. This study suggests that affect adaptively regulates cognitive control. Implications for future research and psychopathology are discussed...
- Affective regulation of cognitive-control adjustments in remitted depressive patients after acute tryptophan depletionHenk van Steenbergen
Leiden University, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 12:280-6. 2012..We found that depressive symptoms induced by ATD were associated with increased conflict adaptation. Our finding extends recent observations implying an important role of affect in regulating conflict-driven cognitive control...
- Action-effect negativity: irrelevant action effects are monitored like relevant feedbackGuido P H Band
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK Leiden, The Netherlands
Biol Psychol 82:211-8. 2009..Like task-relevant performance feedback, task-irrelevant action effects serve as a basis for action monitoring processes, presumably mediated by medial frontal cortex...
- Cannabis and creativity: highly potent cannabis impairs divergent thinking in regular cannabis usersMikael A Kowal
Cognitive Psychology Unit, Institute of Psychology, Leiden University, PO Box 9555, 2300 RB, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 232:1123-34. 2015..Cannabis users often claim that cannabis has the potential to enhance their creativity. Research suggests that aspects of creative performance might be improved when intoxicated with cannabis; however, the evidence is not conclusive...
- Functional significance of the emotion-related late positive potentialStephen B R E Brown
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Psychology Unit, Institute of Psychology, Leiden University Leiden, Netherlands
Front Hum Neurosci 6:33. 2012..The results provide preliminary evidence that the LPP reflects a global inhibition of activity in visual cortex, resulting in the selective survival of activity associated with the processing of the emotional stimulus...