Elske van den Akker
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Domains of quality of life: results of a three-stage Delphi consensus procedure among patients, family of patients, clinicians, scientists and the general publicSuzanne Pietersma
Department of Medical Decision Making, Leiden University Medical Center, Post Zone J10 S, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 23:1543-56. 2014..Therefore, measures need to go beyond these scales. Unfortunately, there is no consensus in the scientific literature on the essential domains of QoL...
- A comprehensive representation of the birth-experience: identification and prioritization of birth-specific domains based on a mixed-method designFania R Gärtner
Department of Medical Decision Making, Leiden University Medical Centre, P, O, Box 9600, Leiden 2300RC, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:147. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate which domains are most relevant for women's overall experience of labor and birth and should be included in such a measure...
- Effects and costs of home-based training with telemonitoring guidance in low to moderate risk patients entering cardiac rehabilitation: The FIT@Home studyJos J Kraal
Department of Medical Informatics, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 13:82. 2013..In addition, we aim to compare costs of this strategy with centre-based cardiac rehabilitation...
- Implementation of a cost-effective strategy to prevent neonatal early-onset group B haemolytic streptococcus disease in the NetherlandsDiny G E Kolkman
Department of Child Health, TNO, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:155. 2013..Cost-effectiveness was based on the assumption of 100% adherence to each strategy. However, adherence in daily practice will be lower and therefore have an effect on cost-effectiveness...
- Cost of rheumatic disorders in the NetherlandsM Elske van den Akker-van Marle
Leiden University Medical Center Department of Medical Decision Making, Leiden, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 26:721-31. 2012..7 million a year, that is, €2665 per person with rheumatic disorders. Rheumatic disorders have considerable costs, which justify more attention in discussing investments in facing the challenges in our ageing Western societies...
- Tubular diskectomy vs conventional microdiskectomy for the treatment of lumbar disk-related sciatica: cost utility analysis alongside a double-blind randomized controlled trialM Elske van den Akker
Department of Medical Decision Making, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neurosurgery 69:829-35; discussion 835-6. 2011..Transmuscular tubular diskectomy has been introduced to increase the rate of recovery, although evidence of its efficacy is lacking...
- The NEtherlands Cervical Kinematics (NECK) trial. Cost-effectiveness of anterior cervical discectomy with or without interbody fusion and arthroplasty in the treatment of cervical disc herniation; a double-blind randomised multicenter studyMark P Arts
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Center Haaglanden, The Hague, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:122. 2010..We present the design of the NECK trial, a randomised study on cost-effectiveness of anterior cervical discectomy with or without interbody fusion and arthroplasty in patients with cervical disc herniation...