Marieke S Tollenaar
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Long-term outcomes of memory retrieval under stressMarieke S Tollenaar
Institute for Psychological Research, Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology Unit, Leiden University, PO Box 9555, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Behav Neurosci 122:697-703. 2008..These results support previous findings in animals that stress may affect memory during reactivation. It further suggests that time intervals between encoding and reactivation may play an important role...
- The effects of cortisol increase on long-term memory retrieval during and after acute psychosocial stressMarieke S Tollenaar
University of Leiden, Section of Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology, Wassenaarseweg 15, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Acta Psychol (Amst) 127:542-52. 2008..These results are in line with the previous animal research showing that when arousal is high, cortisol increase can impair memory retrieval...
- Immediate and prolonged effects of cortisol, but not propranolol, on memory retrieval in healthy young menMarieke S Tollenaar
Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology Unit, Institute for Psychological Research, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Learn Mem 91:23-31. 2009..The present investigation was therefore undertaken to examine the immediate and prolonged effects of a single administered dose of cortisol or propranolol on memory retrieval in a double-blind placebo controlled design...
- Psychophysiological responding to emotional memories in healthy young men after cortisol and propranolol administrationMarieke S Tollenaar
Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology Unit, Institute for Psychological Research, Leiden University, P O Box 9555, 2300 RB, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:793-803. 2009..Cortisol is found to attenuate declarative memory retrieval, but it is unknown whether it also reduces physiological responses to emotional memories...
- Autobiographical memory after acute stress in healthy young menMarieke S Tollenaar
Leiden University, Institute for Psychological Research, Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology Unit, Leiden, The Netherlands
Memory 17:301-10. 2009..More research into the relation between endogenous cortisol increases and autobiographic memory retrieval is needed, especially in stress-related disorders...
- Propranolol reduces emotional distraction in working memory: a partial mediating role of propranolol-induced cortisol increases?Nicole Y L Oei
Leiden University Institute of Psychology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Learn Mem 93:388-95. 2010..In future non-clinical and clinical memory studies using propranolol administration, cortisol elevations should be monitored to further investigate the potential mediating role of cortisol...
- Diminished cortisol responses to psychosocial stress associated with lifetime adverse events a study among healthy young subjectsBernet M Elzinga
Department of Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology, University of Leiden, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:227-37. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of adverse events in childhood on cortisol reactivity to psychosocial stress in young healthy subjects (n=80)...
- Hydrocortisone reduces emotional distracter interference in working memoryNicole Y L Oei
Leiden University Institute for Psychological Research, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:1284-93. 2009..Dose-response studies could give more insight into the specific modulating effects of glucocorticoids on suppression of irrelevant emotional distraction...
- Sustained attention and executive functioning performance in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJohn F Stins
Department of Biological Psychology, Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Child Neuropsychol 11:285-94. 2005..The overall pattern of results suggests that measures related to accuracy are more informative than measures related to speed of responding in refining the cognitive phenotype of ADHD...