Peter Ac 't Hoen
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- t Hoen P, de Kort F, van Ommen G, den Dunnen J. Fluorescent labelling of cRNA for microarray applications. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:e20 pubmed..In conclusion, the currently developed method is an efficient, robust and inexpensive technique for fluorescent labelling of cRNA and allows sensitive detection of gene expression profiles on oligonucleotide microarrays. ..
- t Hoen P, Ariyurek Y, Thygesen H, Vreugdenhil E, Vossen R, de Menezes R, et al. Deep sequencing-based expression analysis shows major advances in robustness, resolution and inter-lab portability over five microarray platforms. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:e141 pubmed publisher..We conclude that deep sequencing provides a major advance in robustness, comparability and richness of expression profiling data and is expected to boost collaborative, comparative and integrative genomics studies. ..
- t Hoen P, Hirsch M, de Meijer E, de Menezes R, van Ommen G, den Dunnen J. mRNA degradation controls differentiation state-dependent differences in transcript and splice variant abundance. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:556-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, control of stability and degradation emerge as important determinants for differential expression of mRNA transcripts and splice variants. ..
- de Klerk E, t Hoen P. Alternative mRNA transcription, processing, and translation: insights from RNA sequencing. Trends Genet. 2015;31:128-39 pubmed publisher..We conclude with a discussion of the coordination and the interdependence of these four regulatory layers. ..
- Malas T, Formica C, Leonhard W, Rao P, Granchi Z, Roos M, et al. Meta-analysis of polycystic kidney disease expression profiles defines strong involvement of injury repair processes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;312:F806-F817 pubmed publisher..We propose that compounds that can modulate the injury-repair response could be valuable drug candidates for PKD treatment. ..
- Yousefi S, Abbassi Daloii T, Kraaijenbrink T, Vermaat M, Mei H, van t Hof P, et al. A SNP panel for identification of DNA and RNA specimens. BMC Genomics. 2018;19:90 pubmed publisher..This first DNA/RNA SNP panel will be useful to identify sample mix-ups in biomedical research and for assigning DNA and RNA stains in crime scenes to unique individuals. ..
- Turk R, Sterrenburg E, de Meijer E, van Ommen G, den Dunnen J, t Hoen P. Muscle regeneration in dystrophin-deficient mdx mice studied by gene expression profiling. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:98 pubmed..To characterize the molecular processes associated with regeneration, we compared gene expression levels in hindlimb muscle tissue of mdx and control mice at 9 timepoints, ranging from 1-20 weeks of age...
- Buermans H, Ariyurek Y, van Ommen G, den Dunnen J, t Hoen P. New methods for next generation sequencing based microRNA expression profiling. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:716 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our alternative sample preparation method can successfully be applied to generate high quality miRNA sequencing libraries for the Illumina genome analyzer. ..
- t Hoen P, de Meijer E, Boer J, Vossen R, Turk R, Maatman R, et al. Generation and characterization of transgenic mice with the full-length human DMD gene. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5899-907 pubmed..In addition, the hDMD mouse can be used to study the influence of the genomic context on deletion and recombination frequencies, genome stability, and gene expression regulation. ..