Willy A Noort
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Mesenchymal stem cells promote engraftment of human umbilical cord blood-derived CD34(+) cells in NOD/SCID miceWilly A Noort
Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Exp Hematol 30:870-8. 2002..In cotransplantation experiments, we examined the homing of MSC as well as the effect on engraftment of human umbilical cord blood (UCB)-derived CD34(+) cells in NOD/SCID mice...
- Nonexpanded primary lung and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cells promote the engraftment of umbilical cord blood-derived CD34(+) cells in NOD/SCID micePieternella S In 't Anker
Departments of Obstetrics and Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Exp Hematol 31:881-9. 2003..The high frequency of MSC in fetal lung allowed us to study whether this represented a biological feature of these cells or a property that was acquired during expansion in culture...
- Enhanced engraftment of umbilical cord blood-derived stem cells in NOD/SCID mice by cotransplantation of a second unrelated cord blood unitAlma J Nauta
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Exp Hematol 33:1249-56. 2005..However, the low cell dose adversely affects hematopoietic recovery and therefore limits application of UCB transplantation in adults. Transplantation of multiple UCB units could be a strategy to overcome cell dose limitations...
- Mesenchymal stem cells in human second-trimester bone marrow, liver, lung, and spleen exhibit a similar immunophenotype but a heterogeneous multilineage differentiation potentialPieternella S In 't Anker
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Haematologica 88:845-52. 2003..We previously found that human fetal lung is a rich source of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Here we characterize and analyze the frequency and function of MSC in other second-trimester fetal tissues...
- Mesenchymal stem cells and hematopoietic stem cell transplantationWillem E Fibbe
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:235-44. 2003..This has allowed the clinical testing of culture-expanded MSCs in the context of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In this paper we discuss the role of MSCs in hematopoietic engraftment after transplantation...
- Amniotic fluid as a novel source of mesenchymal stem cells for therapeutic transplantationPieternella S In 't Anker
Blood 102:1548-9. 2003
- The presence of activated CD4(+) T cells is essential for the formation of colony-forming unit-endothelial cells by CD14(+) cellsRachel T van Beem
Department of Experimental Immunohematology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 180:5141-8. 2008..This in vitro study is the first to reveal the role of TCR-MHC class II interactions between T cells and monocytes and the subsequent inflammatory response as stimulus of monocytic properties that are associated with vascularization...