Marc L Molendijk
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Word use of outpatients with a personality disorder and concurrent or previous major depressive disorderMarc L Molendijk
Leiden University, The Netherlands
Behav Res Ther 48:44-51. 2010..We conclude that the negative content and self-focus of written essays and high levels of discrepancy reflect a negative thinking style that is common to a range of psychiatric disorders rather than being specific to depression...
- Serum BDNF concentrations show strong seasonal variation and correlations with the amount of ambient sunlightMarc L Molendijk
Institute of Psychology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e48046. 2012..Finally, the findings reported here should be taken into account when designing and interpreting studies on BDNF...
- Gender specific associations of serum levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in anxietyMarc L Molendijk
Department of Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology and Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
World J Biol Psychiatry 13:535-43. 2012..We further examined the associations of gender and some of the clinical characteristics of anxiety with BDNF levels...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis on the association between BDNF val(66)met and hippocampal volume--a genuine effect or a winners curse?Marc L Molendijk
Clinical, Health, and Neuropsychology Unit, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:731-40. 2012....
- BDNF val66met affects hippocampal volume and emotion-related hippocampal memory activityM L Molendijk
Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology Unit, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transl Psychiatry 2:e74. 2012..Furthermore, early adverse experiences such as childhood abuse account for individual differences in hippocampal encoding activity of negative stimuli but this effect manifests differently as a function of val(66)met...
- Serum levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in major depressive disorder: state-trait issues, clinical features and pharmacological treatmentM L Molendijk
Department of Clinical Health and Neuropsychology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 16:1088-95. 2011..Increases in serum levels of BDNF during antidepressant treatment appear to be confined to some antidepressants and do not parallel clinical characteristics, such as the severity of depressive symptoms...
- The impact of childhood abuse and recent stress on serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor and the moderating role of BDNF Val66MetBernet M Elzinga
Department of Clinical Health and Neuropsychology, Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 214:319-28. 2011....