L R Lard
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Delayed referral of female patients with rheumatoid arthritisL R Lard
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 28:2190-2. 2001..To analyze whether sex differences in referral exist in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A pitfall in screening with decoy cells after simultaneous pancreas kidney transplantationL R Lard
Departments of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Transplant 22:833-6. 2008..This case illustrates an important pitfall in the urinary screening for PVAN with cytology and for urinary tract infections with urine sediment in bladder-drained SPKT recipients...
- Elevated IL-16 levels in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus are associated with disease severity but not with genetic susceptibility to lupusL R Lard
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Lupus 11:181-5. 2002..In conclusion, these results implicate an association of IL-16 with SLE...
- Early and aggressive treatment of rheumatoid arthritis patients affects the association of HLA class II antigens with progression of joint damageL R Lard
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 46:899-905. 2002..We investigated whether early and aggressive treatment with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs could modify this relationship...
- Early versus delayed treatment in patients with recent-onset rheumatoid arthritis: comparison of two cohorts who received different treatment strategiesL R Lard
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Med 111:446-51. 2001..002). CONCLUSION: In this nonrandomized comparison, early introduction of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs was associated with a better disease outcome after 2 years...
- Radiological outcome after four years of early versus delayed treatment strategy in patients with recent onset rheumatoid arthritisJ Van Aken
Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 63:274-9. 2004..Additionally, to determine the effect of treatment strategy on the association of HLA class II alleles and joint damage...
- Association of the -2849 interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism with autoantibody production and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritisL R Lard
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 48:1841-8. 2003....
- Miscarriage but not fecundity is associated with progression of joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritisF M van Dunne
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 63:956-60. 2004..To determine whether reproductive history before disease onset is associated with severity of joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis...
- Matrix metalloproteinases-3, -8, -9 as markers of disease activity and joint damage progression in early rheumatoid arthritisI Tchetverikov
TNO Prevention and Health, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 62:1094-9. 2003..CONCLUSION: Serum levels of the MMPs studied are associated with disease activity, but serum pro-MMP-3 levels at the onset of disease are also predictive of joint damage progression...
- Comparison of the baseline disease activity of early oligo- and polyarthritis in sequential yearsL M A Jansen
Jan van Breemen Instituut, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:447-52. 2004..The radiological progression declined over time, probably due to less inflammation at the first visit and the increased use of DMARDs...
- Influence of glucocorticoids and disease activity on total and high density lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with rheumatoid arthritisM Boers
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 62:842-5. 2003..CONCLUSION: In established, but especially in early RA, disease activity is accompanied by atherogenic lipid levels. This dyslipidaemia can be rapidly reversed by aggressive antirheumatic treatment including glucocorticoids...