J T Jonker
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Pioglitazone compared with metformin increases pericardial fat volume in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusJ T Jonker
Departments of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:456-60. 2010..Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonists are involved in fat cell differentiation...
- Sustained cardiac remodeling after a short-term very low calorie diet in type 2 diabetes mellitus patientsJacqueline T Jonker
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 30:121-7. 2014..76 (0.65-1.32) %]. Weight reduction by a 16-week VLCD in T2DM patients results in sustained cardiac remodeling and improved diastolic function after 14 months of follow-up, despite weight regain on a regular diet...
- Pioglitazone decreases plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein mass, associated with a decrease in hepatic triglyceride content, in patients with type 2 diabetesJacqueline T Jonker
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 33:1625-8. 2010..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to assess the effects of pioglitazone on CETP mass in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Effects of low doses of casein hydrolysate on post-challenge glucose and insulin levelsJ T Jonker
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Intern Med 22:245-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of lower doses of a casein hydrolysate on the glucose and insulin responses to an oral glucose tolerance test in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Distinct effects of pioglitazone and metformin on circulating sclerostin and biochemical markers of bone turnover in men with type 2 diabetes mellitusA H van Lierop
Departments of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 166:711-6. 2012..Abnormal sclerostin production may, therefore, be involved in the pathogenesis of increased bone fragility in patients with T2DM treated with TZDs...
- Ectopic fat and insulin resistance: pathophysiology and effect of diet and lifestyle interventionsM Snel
Departments of Endocrinology and Metabolism and General Internal Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Endocrinol 2012:983814. 2012..In addition, we systematically reviewed the literature for the effects of diet-induced weight loss and exercise on ectopic fat depositions...