Dietsje D Jolles
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Functional brain connectivity at rest changes after working memory trainingDietsje D Jolles
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden University, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Hum Brain Mapp 34:396-406. 2013..No practice effects were found in this group, suggesting that practice-related changes of functional connectivity are age-dependent. Nevertheless, future studies with larger samples are necessary to confirm this hypothesis...
- Practice effects in the developing brain: a pilot studyDietsje D Jolles
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden University, PO Box 9600 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Dev Cogn Neurosci 2:S180-91. 2012..Yet, future studies with larger samples should further examine flexibility in the developing brain, and establish what can and cannot be expected of children across school-aged development...
- Practice effects in the brain: Changes in cerebral activation after working memory practice depend on task demandsDietsje D Jolles
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 52:658-68. 2010..Behavioral follow-up tests demonstrated that practice effects lasted over a 6-month period, but the absence of transfer effects indicated that the acquired skills were specific for the practiced working memory task...
- A comprehensive study of whole-brain functional connectivity in children and young adultsDietsje D Jolles
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden University, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Cereb Cortex 21:385-91. 2011..Finally, we showed that the majority of functional connectivity differences could not be explained on the basis of gray matter density alone...
- Developmental differences in prefrontal activation during working memory maintenance and manipulation for different memory loadsDietsje D Jolles
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Dev Sci 14:713-24. 2011..These results suggest that age-related differences in the right DLPFC are specific to working memory manipulation and are not related to task difficulty and/or differences in short-term memory capacity...
- Prefrontal cortex involvement in creative problem solving in middle adolescence and adulthoodSietske W Kleibeuker
Institute of Psychology, Brain and Development Laboratory, Leiden University, Pieter de la Court Gebouw, P O Box 9555, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Dev Cogn Neurosci 5:197-206. 2013..These areas correlated with performances on the MPT and the CAT performance. We discuss that extended prefrontal cortex activation in adolescence is important for exploration and aids in creative cognition...
- Aberrant resting-state functional connectivity in limbic and salience networks in treatment--naïve clinically depressed adolescentsJustine Nienke Pannekoek
Department of Psychiatry, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 55:1317-27. 2014..In this study, resting-state functional connectivity (RSFC) is examined using seed regions-of-interest (ROIs) associated with three networks: the limbic network, the default mode network (DMN) and the salience network...