Genomes and Genes
Miranda Van Eck
Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Van Eck M, Zimmermann R, Groot P, Zechner R, van Berkel T. Role of macrophage-derived lipoprotein lipase in lipoprotein metabolism and atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:E53-62 pubmed
- Van Eck M, Bos I, Kaminski W, Orso E, Rothe G, Twisk J, et al. Leukocyte ABCA1 controls susceptibility to atherosclerosis and macrophage recruitment into tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6298-303 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that leukocyte ABCA1 plays a critical role in the protection against atherosclerosis, and we identify ABCA1 as a leukocyte factor that controls the recruitment of inflammatory cells...
- Van Eck M, Bos I, Hildebrand R, Van Rij B, Van Berkel T. Dual role for scavenger receptor class B, type I on bone marrow-derived cells in atherosclerotic lesion development. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:785-94 pubmed..It thus appears that, depending on the stage of atherosclerotic lesion development, SR-BI in bone marrow-derived cells is either pro-atherogenic or anti-atherogenic, indicating a unique dual role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Van Eck M, Pennings M, Hoekstra M, Out R, Van Berkel T. Scavenger receptor BI and ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 in reverse cholesterol transport and atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2005;16:307-15 pubmed..This review focuses on the role of SR-BI and ABCA1 in reverse cholesterol transport in the context of atherosclerotic lesion development...
- Van Eck M, Hoekstra M, Hildebrand R, Yaong Y, Stengel D, Kruijt J, et al. Increased oxidative stress in scavenger receptor BI knockout mice with dysfunctional HDL. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2413-9 pubmed..SR-BI deficiency results in a reduced activity of the antioxidant enzyme PON1 and a significant increase in oxidative stress, potentially contributing to the proatherogenic effect of SR-BI deficiency. ..