Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- Goal processes in relation to goal attainment: predicting health-related quality of life in myocardial infarction patientsSandra N Boersma
Health and Medical Psychology, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Health Psychol 11:927-41. 2006..Goal attainment had a medium effect on social HRQL, but its effect was mediated by goal conflict and goal self-efficacy. A goal theory perspective seems to offer additional insights into HRQL after an MI...
- A meta-analysis of psychoeduational programs for coronary heart disease patientsE Dusseldorp
Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Health Psychol 18:506-19. 1999....
- Prediction in medicine by integrating regression trees into regression analysis with optimal scalingE Dusseldorp
Department of Education, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 40:403-9. 2001..A new data-analysis strategy is proposed to solve the problems of selecting interaction terms in linear regression on the one hand, and of statistically testing the significance of regression trees on the other hand...
- Which panic disorder patients benefit from which treatment: cognitive therapy or antidepressants?Elise Dusseldorp
Data Theory Group, Department of Education, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychother Psychosom 76:154-61. 2007..We investigated whether congruence between patients' beliefs about controllability of a panic disorder and the type of treatment provided predicted outcome...
- Condom use at first intercourse with a new partner in female adolescents and young adults: the role of cognitive planning and motives for having sexWinifred A Gebhardt
Section of Clinical and Health Psychology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arch Sex Behav 35:217-23. 2006....
- The effect of weight reduction interventions for persons with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis from a self-regulation perspectiveSasja D Huisman
Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetes Educ 35:818-35. 2009..In addition, the potentially moderating effect of other intervention characteristics was explored...
- Effects of a cognitive behavioral self-help program and a computerized structured writing intervention on depressed mood for HIV-infected people: a pilot randomized controlled trialVivian Kraaij
Department of Medical Psychology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 80:200-4. 2010..The efficacy of a cognitive-behavioral self-help program (CBS) and a computerized structured writing intervention (SWI) were tested in a pilot randomized controlled trial...
- Combination treatment for acute depression is superior only when psychotherapy is added to medicationMarc B J Blom
Parnassia Psychiatric Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands
Psychother Psychosom 76:289-97. 2007..Where an advantage was found, a possible placebo effect of adding 2 types of treatment could not be ruled out as cause for the superior effect of the combination...