Ingrid A Arnold
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Medically unexplained physical symptoms: the feasibility of group cognitive-behavioural therapy in primary careI A Arnold
Department of General Practice and Nursing Home, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 2088, Leiden 23101 CB, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 57:517-20. 2004..The aim of this study was to estimate the number of patients with medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS) that could be eligible for group cognitive-behavioural treatment (CBT) and to assess the acceptability of this treatment...
- Somatoform disorder in primary care: course and the need for cognitive-behavioral treatmentIngrid A Arnold
Department of General Practice and Nursing Home Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, 2301 CB, The Netherlands
Psychosomatics 47:498-503. 2006..Over a 6-month follow-up, the prevalence of somatoform disorder decreased from 16.1% to 12.3%. After assessment of eligibility, about 5% of patients demonstrated a need for treatment...
- Follow-up study on health care use of patients with somatoform, anxiety and depressive disorders in primary careMargot W M de Waal
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Fam Pract 9:5. 2008..Our objective was to investigate the use of primary care for undifferentiated somatoform disorders, other somatoform disorders, anxiety and depressive disorders prospectively...
- The role of comorbidity in the detection of psychiatric disorders with checklists for mental and physical symptoms in primary careMargot W M de Waal
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:78-85. 2009..To examine the contribution of a mental and physical symptom count to the detection of single or comorbid anxiety, depressive and somatoform disorders...
- Somatoform disorders in general practice: prevalence, functional impairment and comorbidity with anxiety and depressive disordersMargot W M de Waal
Department of General Practice and Nursing Home Medicine, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 184:470-6. 2004..General practitioners play a pivotal part in the recognition and treatment of psychiatric disorders. Identifying somatoform disorders is important for the choice of treatment...
- The reporting of specific physical symptoms for mental distress in general practiceMargot W M de Waal
Department of General Practice and Nursing Home Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 59:89-95. 2005..Do patients report specific physical symptoms in the presence of mental distress, taking into account the presence of somatic disease?..