A M Osman
Affiliation: Institute for Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment
Country: The Netherlands
- Evidence for redox cycling of lawsone (2-hydroxy-1,4-naphthoquinone) in the presence of the hypoxanthine/xanthine oxidase systemA M Osman
Institute for Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment RIZA, PO Box 17, 8200 AA Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Appl Toxicol 23:209-12. 2003..Such an observation therefore reconciles the in vivo toxicity results of this naphthoquinone with those of in vitro experiments...
- Menadione enhances oxyradical formation in earthworm extracts: vulnerability of earthworms to quinone toxicityA M Osman
Institute for Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment RIZA, P O Box 17, 8200 AA Lelystad, The Netherlands
Aquat Toxicol 65:101-9. 2003..On the contrary, mussels have efficient DT-diaphorase, which catalyzes two-electron reduction of menadione directly to hydroquinone, thus circumventing the formation of semiquinone...
- Studies on the DT-diaphorase-catalysed reaction employing quinones as substrates: evidence for a covalent modification of DT-diaphorase by tetrachloro-p-benzoquinoneAhmed M Osman
Institute for Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment, P O Box 17, 8200 AA Lelystad, The Netherlands
Chem Biol Interact 147:99-108. 2004..This indicates a covalent modification of the rat liver DT-diaphorase by tetrachloro-p-benzoquinone...
- In vivo exposure of Dreissena polymorpha mussels to the quinones menadione and lawsone: menadione is more toxic to mussels than lawsoneA M Osman
Institute for Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment, PO Box 17, 8200 AA Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Appl Toxicol 24:135-41. 2004....
- Kinetic and stability studies on the chloroperoxidase complexes in presence of tert-butyl hydroperoxidePaolo Toti
, Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica, , Via S. Zeno 51, 56027 Pisa, Italy
Biophys Chem 113:105-13. 2005..A second group of inactivation constants (j(3) and K) was obtained, which is sufficiently close to the first two, thus verifying that the decreasing of enzyme absorbance corresponds to the decay of activity...
- A linearization method for low catalytic activity enzyme kinetic analysisPaolo Toti
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry, Biochemistry Unit, University of Pisa, Italy
Biophys Chem 114:245-51. 2005..This plot could also be useful to the study of abenzyme kinetics provided the concentration of the latter is either higher or equal than K(m) value...