Heather A Leslie
Affiliation: Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences
Country: The Netherlands
- Biomimetic solid-phase microextraction to predict body residues and toxicity of chemicals that act by narcosisHeather A Leslie
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:229-34. 2002..Our results demonstrated that the biomimetic SPME method enables the estimation of body residues in biota and prediction of the degree of baseline toxicity of a water medium...
- Bioconcentration of organic chemicals: is a solid-phase microextraction fiber a good surrogate for biota?Heather A Leslie
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, P O Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Environ Sci Technol 36:5399-404. 2002..This factor can be used to estimate internal concentrations in biota for compounds structurally similar to the compounds in this study. The exact chemical domain to which this factor can be applied needs to be defined in future research...
- Baseline toxicity of a chlorobenzene mixture and total body residues measured and estimated with solid-phase microextractionHeather A Leslie
Department of Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 94084, 1090 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2017-21. 2004..The total body residues of both species were correlated to the total concentrations in SPME fibers. It was concluded that toxicity could be predicted based on total body residue (TBR) estimates from fiber concentrations...
- Chronic toxicity and body residues of the nonpolar narcotic 1,2,3,4-tetrachlorobenzene in Chironomus ripariusHeather A Leslie
Department Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 94084, 1090 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2022-8. 2004..The results of this study suggest that body residues estimated with SPME may be used to predict baseline toxicity for various exposure durations...
- Toxicity of azaarenesEric A J Bleeker
Department of Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, IBED, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 320, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 173:39-83. 2002..In addition, reliable long-term protection against PAHs demands data on chronic toxicity, including teratogenicity, both for homocyclic as for heterocyclic compounds...
- [Drug therapy for the environment?]Chris H P Pellicaan
Apotheek Faculteit Diergeneeskunde, Universiteit Utrecht
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 127:62-3. 2002