- The need for a new toxicity testing and risk analysis paradigm to implement REACH or any other large scale testing initiativeBas J Blaauboer
Arch Toxicol 81:385-7. 2007
- The integration of data on physico-chemical properties, in vitro-derived toxicity data and physiologically based kinetic and dynamic as modelling a tool in hazard and risk assessment. A commentaryB J Blaauboer
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Division of Toxicology, Utrecht University, P O Box 80 176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Lett 138:161-71. 2003..Their implementation will allow a much more scientifically-based and a better structured risk assessment, which will be to a much lesser extent relying on animal experimentation...
- 13th meeting of the Scientific Group on Methodologies for the Safety Evaluation of Chemicals (SGOMSEC): alternative testing methodologies and conceptual issuesB J Blaauboer
RITOX, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Environ Health Perspect 106:413-8. 1998....
- An alternative approach for the safety evaluation of new and existing chemicals, an exercise in integrated testingW M L G Gubbels-van Hal
NOTOX B V, 5203 DL s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 42:284-95. 2005..This integrated approach leads to a 38% reduction of laboratory animals...
- Methods of in vitro toxicologyG Eisenbrand
University of Kaiserslautern, Department of Chemistry Food Chemistry and Environmental Toxicology, PO Box 3049, D 67653, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 40:193-236. 2002..Major weaknesses and strengths of these assay systems are addressed, together with some key issues concerning major research priorities to improve hazard identification and characterisation of food-associated chemicals...