A M Huisman
Country: The Netherlands
- Vitamin D levels in women with systemic lupus erythematosus and fibromyalgiaA M Huisman
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Rheumatol 28:2535-9. 2001..It is known that hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) inhibits conversion of 25(OH)- to 1,25(OH)2-vitamin D both in vitro and in patients with sarcoidosis. We assessed winter serum 25(OH)- and 1,25(OH)2-vitamin D levels in patients with SLE and FM...
- Glucocorticoid receptor up-regulation in early rheumatoid arthritis treated with low dose prednisone or placeboA M Huisman
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85000, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:217-20. 2003..With this in mind we determined in a double blind, placebo controlled study at baseline and yearly the GR number in PBMC...
- Serum adipokines in osteoarthritis; comparison with controls and relationship with local parameters of synovial inflammation and cartilage damageT N de Boer
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 20:846-53. 2012..The aim of this study is to compare serum adipokine levels between end-stage knee OA patients and controls and to relate these serum levels to local parameters of cartilage damage and synovial inflammation...
- In end stage osteoarthritis, cartilage tissue pentosidine levels are inversely related to parameters of cartilage damageP A J M Vos
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 20:233-40. 2012..In this study actual cartilage AGE levels were directly related to actual cartilage damage by use of cartilage obtained at joint replacement surgery...
- Down regulation of glucocorticoid receptors in early-diagnosed rheumatoid arthritisA A van Everdingen
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:463-8. 2002..We cannot preclude that it may be involved in the incidence, severity and course of RA, as this may be differentially regulated in males and females...
- Prevalence of vertebral deformities and symptomatic vertebral fractures in corticosteroid treated patients with rheumatoid arthritisR N de Nijs
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, F02.127, University Medical Center, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:1375-83. 2001..Our data indicate that the use of Cs and each 1-mg increase in the current daily Cs dose may increase the risk of development of a vertebral deformity and symptomatic vertebral fracture in patients with RA...
- The chondroprotective effect of selective COX-2 inhibition in osteoarthritis: ex vivo evaluation of human cartilage tissue after in vivo treatmentT N de Boer
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:482-8. 2009..The objective was to substantiate these beneficial effects in an in vivo (clinical) study with celecoxib treatment of patients with severe knee osteoarthritis (OA) and subsequent evaluation of cartilage tissue ex vivo...
- [New developments in glucocorticoid therapy: selective glucocorticoid receptor agonists, nitrosteroids and liposomal glucocorticoids]A M Huisman
Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, afd Reumatologie, Kleiweg 500, 3045 PM Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:476-80. 2006..Well-designed studies are needed to determine the place of SEGRAs, nitrosteroids and liposomal GCs in clinical practice...