Country: The Netherlands
- Cognitive performance after strenuous physical exerciseE Hogervorst
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, University of Limburg, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Percept Mot Skills 83:479-88. 1996..Since performance on the most complex task, the Interference subtest of the Stroop, was especially improved after exercise, the expectancy of the subjects of a potential positive effect of exercise was thought to have been responsible...
- Tryptophan depletion impairs memory consolidation but improves focussed attention in healthy young volunteersJ A Schmitt
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Brain and Behavior Institute, European Graduate School for Neurosciences, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Psychopharmacol 14:21-9. 2000..Improvement of specific cognitive processes by lowered 5-HT function may be linked to the removal of inhibitory actions of 5-HT in the cortex...
- 1998 Curt P. Richter Award. The effect of hormone replacement therapy on cognitive function in elderly womenE Hogervorst
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 24:43-68. 1999..Furthermore, it was concluded that HRT has a global activating, instead of specific direct effect on cognitive functions...
- Thyroid function, depressed mood, and cognitive performance in older individuals: the Maastricht Aging StudyM P J van Boxtel
European Graduate School of Neuroscience EURON, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:891-8. 2004..Prospective studies are needed to address the role of thyroid function in age-related cognitive decline...
- Memory functions and focussed attention in middle-aged and elderly subjects are unaffected by a low, acute dose of caffeineJ A J Schmitt
Experimental Psychopharmacology Unit, Brain and Behaviour Institute, Universiteit Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Nutr Health Aging 7:301-3. 2003..It is proposed that in middle-aged and elderly subjects cognitive effects may occur predominantly at higher caffeine dosages...