Stefan A E Kools
Affiliation: Grontmij Water and Waste Management
Country: The Netherlands
- Estimating the use of veterinary medicines in the European unionStefan A E Kools
ECT Oekotoxikologie GmbH, Boettgerstrasse 2 14, D 65439 Floersheim a M, Germany
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 50:59-65. 2008..We discuss available data sources and quality, our method and possible refinement of our approach. Environmental risk-based ranking procedures of veterinary substances would benefit from more detailed use data...
- Assessment of structure and function in metal polluted grasslands using Terrestrial Model EcosystemsStefan A E Kools
Department of Animal Ecology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72:51-9. 2009..TMEs proved valuable tools to assess the structure and function in metal polluted field situations. The outcome feeds modeling effort and direct future research...
- A ranking of European veterinary medicines based on environmental risksStefan A E Kools
ECT Oekotoxikologie GmbH, Boettgerstrasse 2 74, D 65439 Floersheim a M, Germany
Integr Environ Assess Manag 4:399-408. 2008..The outcome of this project will support pharmaceutical industries and competent authorities when seeking authorization for market applications of veterinary pharmaceutical products...
- Stress responses investigated; application of zinc and heat to Terrestrial Model Ecosystems from heavy metal polluted grasslandStefan A E Kools
Vrije Universiteit, Department of Animal Ecology, De Boelelaan 1085 NL 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sci Total Environ 406:462-8. 2008..Ammonium leaching was decreased by heat treatments in the most polluted soils, while CO2 was increased by heat in less polluted soils. Most effects were seen in the most polluted systems and it was concluded that they seem less stable...
- Microbial responses to zinc in soil microcosms with and without a natural assemblage of enchytraeidsStefan A E Kools
Vrije Universiteit, Department of Animal Ecology, Institute of Ecological Science, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:2178-84. 2005..The effect of enchytraeids on soil-moisture contents and microbial processes, and the importance of enchytraeid-microbial interactions are discussed...