André I Wierdsma
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Emergency compulsory admissions in the Netherlands: fluctuating patterns in Rotterdam, 1929-2005André I Wierdsma
Erasmus MC, Department of Psychiatry, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hist Psychiatry 20:199-214. 2009..These factors suggest that if the increasing use of compulsory admissions is to be reversed, a coordinated effort is needed...
- [Effects on scale and confidence intervals as alternatives to p < 0.05]A I Wierdsma
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 55:471-80. 2013..Researchers and reviewers often use the conventional p < 0.05 as threshold in statistical tests. In many cases, however, the interpretation of p-values is incorrect...
- [Regional differences in the care and treatment of compulsory admissions in the Netherlands]A I Wierdsma
Psychiatrie van het Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 54:777-83. 2012..In the Netherlands compulsory admissions are on the increase. However, there are regional differences even when demographic factors are taken into account...
- The effects of crisis plans for patients with psychotic and bipolar disorders: a randomised controlled trialA Ruchlewska
Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 9:41. 2009..Furthermore, this study seeks to identify possible mechanisms responsible for the effects of a PACP or a CCP...
- Effects of community-care networks on psychiatric emergency contacts, hospitalisation and involuntary admissionAndré I Wierdsma
O3 Research Centre, Mental Health Care Rijnmond, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Department of Psychiatry 0452, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:613-8. 2007..The networks were set up to improve the healthcare for patients with (chronic) psychiatric problems through local cooperation between different agencies operating in underprivileged areas...
- [Do we really still need psychiatric case registers?]A I Wierdsma
Erasmus MC voor het O3 Onderzoekcentrum GGZ Rijnmond
Tijdschr Psychiatr 49:569-73. 2007..Case register research can also aim at developing outcome measures and creating links between mental health care and other health care areas...
- Case registers in psychiatry: do they still have a role for research and service monitoring?André I Wierdsma
Erasmus MC, University of Rotterdam, Department of Psychiatry, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:379-84. 2008..To follow up on reviews of case register research. Literature searches over a 2-year period were conducted to determine whether psychiatric case registers still have a role for research and service monitoring...
- [Psychiatric past history and health care after compulsory admission. Care use as an indicator of the quality of care for patients in compulsory care in Rotterdam]A I Wierdsma
O3 Onderzoekcentrum GGZ Rijnmond, Afdeling Psychiatrie, Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 48:81-93. 2006..In evaluations of the Act on Special Admissions to Psychiatric Hospitals in The Netherlands (Dutch acronym BOPZ) hardly any attention has been given to the use of mental health care services before and after a compulsory admission...
- [Contact with the child and adolescent psychiatric services is determined by cultural and socio-economic differences]A I Wierdsma
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 53:857-63. 2011..In the Netherlands access to mental healthcare is not evenly distributed over ethnic groups. Young persons of non-Dutch origin make only limited use of Dutch child and adolescent psychiatric services...
- Reconstructing continuity of care in mental health services: a multilevel conceptual frameworkAndré Wierdsma
Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Center, University of Rotterdam, Rotterdam The Netherlands
J Health Serv Res Policy 14:52-7. 2009..Account should be taken not only of the nature of the patient population, but also of local conditions. To address these topics and identify best practices, research should be multidisciplinary and take a comparative, naturalistic form...
- [Drop-out from after-care following compulsory hospitalisation--how serious is the problem?]J Stobbe
Onderzoekcentrum GGZ Rijnmond, Erasmus MC, Afdeling Psychiatrie, Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 51:801-12. 2009..Little is known about the amount and quality of after-care provided for patients hospitalised as a result of a court authorisation...
- Exploring continuity of care in patients with alcohol use disorders using time-variant measuresS C de Vries
Department of Psychiatry, O3 Research Centre Mental Health Care, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Addict Res 15:19-24. 2009..We used time-variant measures of continuity of care to study fluctuations in long-term treatment use by patients with alcohol-related disorders...
- [Continuity of care following suicide-related compulsory admission]S C de Vries
O3 Onderzoekcentrum GGZ, Erasmus MC, Afdeling Psychiatrie, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 50:533-8. 2008..Follow-up studies are needed so that we can find out whether the absence of aftercare can cause problems for patients admitted to an institution because they have threatened to commit suicide...
- Changing patterns in emergency involuntary admissions in the Netherlands in the period 2000-2004C L Mulder
Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Department of Psychiatry and BavoEuropoort, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Law Psychiatry 31:331-6. 2008..In England, rates of involuntary admissions increased in subgroups of patients. It is unknown whether this is true in other European countries...
- The Addiction Severity Index as a predictor of the use of mental health careN F Reelick
Department of Psychiatry, O3 Research Centre Mental Health Care Rijnmond, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Psychol Addict Behav 20:214-8. 2006..However, the percentage of false positives is high. None of the indices predicts the intensity and duration of the mental health care treatment...