Carlijn M van der Aalst
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Lung cancer screening and smoking abstinence: 2 year follow-up data from the Dutch-Belgian randomised controlled lung cancer screening trialCarlijn Michelle van der Aalst
Department of Public Health Pulmonology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Thorax 65:600-5. 2010..This study investigated the effect of lung cancer screening on smoking abstinence in male smokers participating in the Dutch-Belgian randomised controlled lung cancer screening trial (NELSON trial)...
- Does participation to screening unintentionally influence lifestyle behaviour and thus lifestyle-related morbidity?C M van der Aalst
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 24:465-78. 2010..Integrated approaches to combine primary and secondary prevention have the potential to optimise the efforts to improve cancer prevention and survival. More research is warranted to investigate evidence-based approaches...
- The impact of a lung cancer computed tomography screening result on smoking abstinenceC M van der Aalst
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 37:1466-73. 2011..Screening test outcomes could be used as a teachable moment for smoking cessation...
- The effectiveness of a computer-tailored smoking cessation intervention for participants in lung cancer screening: a randomised controlled trialCarlijn M van der Aalst
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Lung Cancer 76:204-10. 2012....
- Generalisability of the results of the Dutch-Belgian randomised controlled lung cancer CT screening trial (NELSON): does self-selection play a role?C M van der Aalst
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Lung Cancer 77:51-7. 2012..Results of the NELSON trial will be roughly applicable to the Dutch and probably other populations that fulfil our selection criteria...
- Diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in lung cancer screening Computed Tomography scans: independent contribution of emphysema, air trapping and bronchial wall thickeningOnno M Mets
Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Respir Res 14:59. 2013..Therefore, this study aims to determine the independent diagnostic value of CT emphysema, CT air trapping and CT bronchial wall thickness for COPD in low-dose screening CT scans...
- Volumetric computed tomography screening for lung cancer: three rounds of the NELSON trialNanda Horeweg
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
Eur Respir J 42:1659-67. 2013..The 5.5-year lung cancer risk calculations aid clinicians in counselling candidates for lung cancer screening with low-dose computed tomography...
- Characteristics of lung cancers detected by computer tomography screening in the randomized NELSON trialNanda Horeweg
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 187:848-54. 2013..A volumetry-based screening strategy, stringent criteria for a positive screening, and an increasing length of screening interval are particular features of the NELSON trial...