Nicolette T C Ursem
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Acutely altered hemodynamics following venous obstruction in the early chick embryoSandra Stekelenburg-de Vos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Exp Biol 206:1051-7. 2003..We conclude that the experimental alteration of venous return has major acute effects on hemodynamics in the chick embryo. These effects may be responsible for the observed cardiac malformations after clipping...
- Ventricular diastolic filling characteristics in stage-24 chick embryos after extra-embryonic venous obstructionNicolette T C Ursem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, 3000 DR, The Netherlands
J Exp Biol 207:1487-90. 2004..Ventricular filling components changed after partially obstructing the extra-embryonic venous circulation. These results suggest that material properties of the embryonic ventricle are modified after temporarily reduced hemodynamic load...
- Systolic and diastolic ventricular function assessed by pressure-volume loops in the stage 21 venous clipped chick embryoSandra Stekelenburg-de Vos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus MC, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 57:16-21. 2005..Pressure-volume analysis may be applied in the chick embryo and is a sensitive technique to detect subtle alterations in ventricular function...
- Homocysteine exposure affects early hemodynamic parameters of embryonic chicken heart functionAnnelien M Oosterbaan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 295:961-7. 2012..These changes may precede morphological changes and contribute to the development of CHD defects through alterations in shear stress and shear stress related genes, as seen before in venous clipping studies...
- The effects of homocysteine and folic acid on angiogenesis and VEGF expression during chicken vascular developmentAnnelien M Oosterbaan
Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Microvasc Res 83:98-104. 2012..These effects of Hcy, and the consecutive cascade of events, may be involved in the development of cardiovascular developmental defects...
- Assessment of fetal liver volume and umbilical venous volume flow in pregnancies complicated by insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusSimona M Boito
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJOG 110:1007-13. 2003..To determine fetal liver volume and its relation with umbilical venous volume flow and maternal glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) in pregnancies complicated by diabetes mellitus type I...
- Dietary intake of B-vitamins in mothers born a child with a congenital heart defectAnna C Verkleij-Hagoort
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nutr 45:478-86. 2006..Periconceptional use of multivitamins reduces the risk of a child with a congenital heart defect (CHD). Data on the impact of maternal diet, however, are lacking...
- Large variations in absolute wall shear stress levels within one species and between speciesCaroline Cheng
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 195:225-35. 2007..These data support an "r(2) law" rather than Murray's r(3) law for the larger vessels in the arterial tree...
- Multiple reaction monitoring assay for pre-eclampsia related calcyclin peptides in formalin fixed paraffin embedded placentaCoskun Guzel
Department of Neurology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Proteome Res 10:3274-82. 2011..By immunohistochemistry, we were able to confirm this observation in a qualitative manner...
- In vivo micro particle image velocimetry measurements of blood-plasma in the embryonic avian heartPeter Vennemann
Laboratory for Aero and Hydrodynamics, Delft University of Technology, Leeghwaterstraat 21, 2628 CA Delft, The Netherlands
J Biomech 39:1191-200. 2006..In general, the measurements demonstrate that muPIV has the potential to develop into a general tool for instationary flow conditions in complex flow geometries encountered in cardiovascular research...
- The endothelin-1 pathway and the development of cardiovascular defects in the haemodynamically challenged chicken embryoBianca C W Groenendijk
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Vasc Res 45:54-68. 2008..Therefore, we hypothesise that ET-1-related processes are involved in the development of functional and morphological cardiovascular defects after venous clip...