Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- NanoLC-FT-ICR MS improves proteome coverage attainable for approximately 3000 laser-microdissected breast carcinoma cellsArzu Umar
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Josephine Nefkens Institute, The Netherlands
Proteomics 7:323-9. 2007..This work demonstrates that a substantial number of proteins can be detected and identified from limited number of cells using the AMT tag approach, and opens doors for high-throughput in-depth proteomics analysis of clinical samples...
- Proteomic analysis of androgen-regulated protein expression in a mouse fetal vas deferens cell lineArzu Umar
Department of Reproduction and Development, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 144:1147-54. 2003..Posttranslational modification of mElfin and CBF-A by androgens may be associated with a cytoskeletal change that is involved in androgen-regulated gene expression...
- Proteomic profiling of epididymis and vas deferens: identification of proteins regulated during rat genital tract developmentArzu Umar
Department of Reproduction and Development, Erasmus MC, P O Box 1738, Rotterdam 3000 DR, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 144:4637-47. 2003....
- Identification of a putative protein profile associated with tamoxifen therapy resistance in breast cancerArzu Umar
Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Josephine Nefkens Inst, Dept of Medical Oncology, Laboratory of Genomics and Proteomics of Breast Cancer, Dr Molewaterplein 50, Be 430c, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1278-94. 2009....
- High-throughput proteomics of breast carcinoma cells: a focus on FTICR-MSArzu Umar
University Medical Center Rotterdam, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Laboratory of Genomics and Proteomics in Breast Cancer, Department of Medical Oncology, Dr Molewaterplein 50, Be 430c, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Expert Rev Proteomics 5:445-55. 2008..In this review, we describe the applicability of FTICR-MS for breast cancer proteomics, particularly for the analysis of complex protein mixtures obtained from a limited number of cells typically available from clinical specimens...
- Method optimisation for peptide profiling of microdissected breast carcinoma tissue by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation-time of flight and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation-time of flight/time of flight-mass spectrometryArzu Umar
Department of Neurology and Center for Biomics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Proteomics 5:2680-8. 2005..In conclusion, we describe a method that is suitable for direct peptide profiling on small amounts of microdissected cells obtained from breast cancer tissues...
- Proteomics pipeline for biomarker discovery of laser capture microdissected breast cancer tissueNing Qing Liu
Department of Medical Oncology and Daniel Den Hoed Cancer Center, Erasmus University Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 17:155-64. 2012..Therefore, we show that our tissue proteomics pipeline is robust and applicable for the identification of breast cancer specific protein markers...
- Differential modulation of androgen receptor transcriptional activity by the nuclear receptor co-repressor (N-CoR)Cor A Berrevoets
Department of Reproduction and Development, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
Biochem J 379:731-8. 2004..These results indicate that lack of N-CoR action allows these antiandrogens to act as strong agonists on the mutant AR...
- Optimized nLC-MS workflow for laser capture microdissected breast cancer tissueRené B H Braakman
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Proteomics 75:2844-54. 2012..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Proteomics: The clinical link...
- Laser capture microdissection applications in breast cancer proteomicsRené B H Braakman
Department of Medical Oncology, Center for Translational Molecular Medicine, and Cancer Genomics Centre, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 755:143-54. 2011..Protocols are provided for sectioning, staining, microdissection, sample preparation, and mass spectrometric analysis of snap frozen breast cancer tissue...
- Functional analysis of a novel androgen receptor mutation, Q902K, in an individual with partial androgen insensitivityArzu Umar
Department of Reproduction and Development, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:507-15. 2005..These results indicate that residue Q902 is involved in TIF2 and NH2/COOH interaction and that the Q to K mutation results in a mild impairment of AR function, which can explain the partial AIS phenotype of the patient...
- Antiandrogens: selective androgen receptor modulatorsCor A Berrevoets
Department of Reproduction and Development, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, PO Box 1738, DR-3000 Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 198:97-103. 2002..As a consequence, this might affect recruitment of co-regulators, thereby allowing CPA and OHF to act as strong agonists on the mutant AR...