Ernst Jan W M Troe
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Ethnic differences in total and cause-specific infant mortality in The NetherlandsErnst Jan W M Troe
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:140-7. 2006..Marital status and age of the mother are important other risk factors of infant mortality...
- The effect of age at immigration and generational status of the mother on infant mortality in ethnic minority populations in The NetherlandsErnst Jan W M Troe
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Public Health 17:134-8. 2007..We examined the association of generational status and age at immigration of the mother with infant mortality in migrant populations in The Netherlands...
- Explaining differences in birthweight between ethnic populations. The Generation R StudyE J W M Troe
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJOG 114:1557-65. 2007..To examine whether differences in birthweight of various ethnic groups residing in The Netherlands can be explained by determinants of birthweight...
- Smoking during pregnancy in ethnic populations: the Generation R studyErnst Jan W M Troe
The Generation R Study Group, Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1373-84. 2008..Smoking rates and correlates of smoking during pregnancy varied by ethnic background. These observations should be considered when designing maternal smoking prevention and intervention strategies...
- Active and passive maternal smoking during pregnancy and the risks of low birthweight and preterm birth: the Generation R StudyVincent W V Jaddoe
The Generation R Study Group, and Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 22:162-71. 2008..Smoking in early pregnancy only, seems not to affect fetal growth adversely. Health care strategies for pregnant women should be aimed at quitting smoking completely rather than reducing the number of cigarettes...