Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- The cost-effectiveness of treating chronic hepatitis B patients in a median endemic and middle income countryMehlika Toy
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Health Econ 13:663-76. 2012....
- Transmission routes of hepatitis B virus infection in chronic hepatitis B patients in The NetherlandsM Toy
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 80:399-404. 2008..The genotypes of the chronic HBV strains determined corresponded well with the HBV genotypes expected from the countries of origin of the patients or their mothers. Genotypes A and D are predominant in CHB patients in The Netherlands...
- Potential impact of long-term nucleoside therapy on the mortality and morbidity of active chronic hepatitis BMehlika Toy
Department of Public Health, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology 50:743-51. 2009..Conclusion: Long-term antiviral therapy with a strategy that minimizes or controls resistance will have a major preventive effect on liver-related mortality and morbidity...
- Age- and region-specific hepatitis B prevalence in Turkey estimated using generalized linear mixed models: a systematic reviewMehlika Toy
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr, Molewaterplein 50, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 11:337. 2011..To provide a clear picture of the current hepatitis B situation, the authors performed a systematic review to estimate the age- and region-specific prevalence of chronic hepatitis B (CHB) in Turkey...
- Screening and early treatment of migrants for chronic hepatitis B virus infection is cost-effectiveIrene K Veldhuijzen
Division of Infectious Disease Control, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Rijnmond, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 138:522-30. 2010..We assessed the cost-effectiveness in The Netherlands of systematically screening migrants from countries that have high and intermediate HBV infection levels...
- A mathematical approach for evaluating Markov models in continuous time without discrete-event simulationJoost van Rosmalen
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Decis Making 33:767-79. 2013..In conclusion, continuous-time Markov models are a feasible alternative to cohort analysis and can offer several theoretical and practical advantages. ..