Hendrik G Roozen
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Does alcohol craving mediate the impulsivity-aggression relationship in recently detoxified alcohol-dependent patients?H G Roozen
Department of Forensic Psychiatry Dp 0424, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 39:57-60. 2013..Delving into the nature of this association is vital, since various underlying factors may contribute to the expression of aggression...
- Efficacy and tolerability of naltrexone in the treatment of alcohol dependence: oral versus injectable deliveryHendrik G Roozen
Novadic Kentron, Network for Addiction Treatment Services, Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Eur Addict Res 13:201-6. 2007..Randomized studies with direct comparisons of oral and injectable naltrexone are urgently needed...
- Community reinforcement and family training: an effective option to engage treatment-resistant substance-abusing individuals in treatmentHendrik G Roozen
Erasmus University Medical Centre, Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Addiction 105:1729-38. 2010....
- The impact of craving and impulsivity on aggression in detoxified cocaine-dependent patientsHendrik G Roozen
Erasmus University Medical Centre, Department of Forensic Psychiatry, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Subst Abuse Treat 40:414-8. 2011..It is concluded that craving does not have an impact on the relationship between impulsivity and trait aggression in this patient sample...
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of naltrexone in the maintenance treatment of opioid and alcohol dependenceHendrik G Roozen
Novadic Kentron, Network for Addiction Treatment Services, Roosendaal Sint Oedenrode, The Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:311-23. 2006..However, the data suggest that a combination of naltrexone with cognitive behavioural relapse prevention therapy is beneficial in alcohol dependent patients...
- High abstinence rates in heroin addicts by a new comprehensive treatment approachCor A J De Jong
Novadic Kentron, Network for Addiction Treatment Services Nijmegen Institute for Scientist Practitioners in Addiction, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Addict 16:124-30. 2007..This abstinence-oriented approach appears to be a feasible goal, and remains an important option next to long-term methadone maintenance in the management of opioid dependence...
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of the community reinforcement approach in alcohol, cocaine and opioid addictionHendrik G Roozen
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Drug Alcohol Depend 74:1-13. 2004..Finally, there is strong evidence that CRA with abstinence-contingent "incentives" is more effective than CRA (non-contingent incentives) treatment aimed at cocaine abstinence...
- Effects on smoking cessation: naltrexone combined with a cognitive behavioral treatment based on the community reinforcement approachHendrik G Roozen
Department of Clinical Psychology, Research Institute of Psychology and Health, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Subst Use Misuse 41:45-60. 2006..The abstinence rate in the CRA group was nearly double that in the non-psychosocial therapy group (46% vs. 25%; NS) at 3 months follow-up after treatment...
- Neuropsychiatric insights in clinical practice: from relapse prevention toward relapse managementHendrik G Roozen
Am J Addict 16:530-1. 2007